It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Goldberg and Chris Jericho Involved in Backstage Altercation at RAW!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Credit for this story goes to 1wrestling.com

"To follow up on yesterday's story concerning the backstage altercation between Bill Goldberg and Chris Jericho, we have more information on the story. From what we have learned, Jericho was upset because Goldberg had reportedly made a disparaging comment backstage earlier in the evening about Jericho being "small" and not liking to sell for people. The comment reportedly made its way back to Jericho and when Jericho came back through the curtain after his match, according to several witnesses, he confronted Goldberg about it. The two men then got into it right then and there. According to a few different reports, Goldberg grabbed Chris by the throat and Chris slapped his arm away. Jericho then put him in a front facelock and then they went to the ground, where they were then separated".

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder if this altercation would have any effect on Goldberg's long term stay at the WWE. But i think that Goldberg would take Chris in a second, chris might get a couple of good licks in there, but overall goldberg would in. I wonder if nobody broke this up what would have happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
if nobody had broken this up, goldberg would of killed jericho. but make no mistake about it goldberg would of been in rough shape too. it would of been bad for profesional wrestling. as far as this hurting goldberg and his stay in wwe, i'm sure this kind of stuff happens all the time, so it probably wont have much effect on his employment. maybe just a suspension.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Goldberg is lucky that someone broke them up because if he had hurt Jericho in any way you can bet that he would have been fired in less than a second. After all by all accounts he started the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's probably just a publicity stunt.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's probably just a publicity stunt.

I dont think so. If it is its not a really good one.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
good point, if it was a publicity stunt wouldnt they have it on their website, and wouldnt it be on TV or something. If it is a stunt they might do it to make goldberg seem all big and bad.

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't think it is a publicity stunt as some wrestlers do not seem to wan't Goldberg in the wwe,suppose they are running scared as they are gonna get their butts kicked and will do anything to get him out.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I don't think it is a publicity stunt as some wrestlers do not seem to wan't Goldberg in the wwe,suppose they are running scared as they are gonna get their butts kicked and will do anything to get him out.

I dont think they're scared. Goldberg has a reputation of being kinda of an a$$ho** and rubbing people the wrong way. This isn't the first incident Goldberg has had with another wrestler.

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This isn't the first incident Goldberg has had with another wrestler.

Yeah your right as you put it he might be doing the winding up hope he does his talking in the ring now.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hadn't seen this thread, check out my article in the Goldberg topic, this definately wasn't staged.

Sorry guys but I totally disagree, Jericho would kick his butt. If Bill got his hands on him then it might be different, but strength dosen't stand up to real technical wrestling ability.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
According to a story that appeared on Bret hart's website in early june Jericho took Goldberg down and choked him out.And big bad Goldberg could not get out of a little chokehold.What a big loser.WWE should fire Goldberg immediatley!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join