It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: General

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have seem to notice that everybody seems to think that wrestling is fake. Yes wrestling is staged as the moves and everything like that but with the injuries that some of the people recieve are far from fake. Why does everybody still seem to call wrestling fake?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I agree, at wrestlemania this past sunday Steve Austin sustained a neck injury in his match with The Rock that (according to some wrestling sites) will finally put a stop to Austins career for good. AND Brock Lesnar will be out for a couple of weeks after sustaining a similar neck injury after jumping off the top rope and missing Kurt Angle, causing lesnar to land right on his head.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
MMm some things may be staged but not all,remember watching when Owen Hart died swinging in to the ring.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Some things may be staged but it is a very dangerous sport. It is sure fun to watch at times.
It is going to be fun to watch golberg and all, i wonder what other wcw wrestlers will come over?

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Goldberg was one of my favs along with sting,could go right back started watching it late 80's,sadly i'm not that up to date as i don't get time to watch it alot so as to the wrestlers changing over i would not know.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Ulitmate Warrior was my all time favorite.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Got a few fav's from years ago.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Bushwackers
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Brett Hart

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
mine favs would have to be
HBK
old school HHH
Undertaker when he was the dead guy
Hogan when he first started out

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Undertaker when he was the dead guy

Undertaker was one of the best,do you remember his sidekick Paul Bearer i allways thought he was freaky!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wrestling is "FAKE" in the sense that the outcome of the matches is already pre-determined. But the bumps these guys take in the ring and the injuries they sustain is all too real. They also have the most grueling schedule of any athlete of any sport. They are on the road 200+ days a year. It has to take a toll not only on their bodies but on their personal lives as well being away from home most of the year.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Many of the WCW guys came over after the WWE "banished" (according the "Show", in reality the WWE bought out the WCW) the WCW. Guys such as Shamrock The Raven and Saturn couldn't hang with the athletes the WWE had so there now in the crappy TNA(total nonstop action). Jericho was in the WCW also, hell everyone traces back to the WCW......

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Many superstars in WWE now wrestled for the old NWA/WCW at one time or another.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
to call something fake you have to not know much about it people only watch what they watch so they call it fake its on tv right must be fake but people have died people life ended or in micks eyes he does not remeber much of anything it takes dedicaton and long lasting comitment to do what they do so dont call it fack well thats all i have to say

top topics

join