It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Goldberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Goldberg finally made his long awaited apperance in the WWE, how much of an impact is he going to be?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i dont like goldberg but he will help boost the ratings. i cant wait to see him fight the rock even though i hate both guys. i do hope he stays for a while and has more skills then the rest from wcw outside of booker and lance storm

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
goldberg should boost the ratings, its about time that he came though, but iam still waiting for sting to make his apperance. He would really help out alot.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I always like Goldburg, i just hope the WWE doesn't change his character and make him a jackass like Jericho or The Rock.

With that siad, wouldn't it be fun to see a match between The Rhino and Goldburg, they could spear each other to hell.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Goldberg used to be a fav of mine but alas don't watch it as much as i used to.
What i can remember he can only boost the ratings,watch out for the Spear!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I dont think he will make that big of an impact. Im taking a "wait and see" attitude on this one.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i think you have to give a guy like that someone big to take out to make him good again dont you remember what he did he put his arm throw a limo who do you know that could do that he is a man that will be fierd in my eyes there is 3 big guys in wresiling that i would like to see fight austen brock and golberge they are jaked maby stiner and triple h but hay goldberge is the man no dought about that

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
goldberg will bring out the jackhammer and devistate the compitition. now keep in mind i haven't really watched "professional" wrestling since wcw was bought out by vince mcmahon.

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bill Goldberg can be a big hit as i've said before he has awesome power and raw strength,he can turn a match on it's head with one move.I think they will be out to get him though!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
WCW were so desperate to snatch ratings and needed a huge gimmick... enter Goldberg. I like the guy, he's big, intimidating, has a pro sports background and when you strip away the power he can actually wrestle. OK he looks like Austin and I suspect will use alot of the Rattlesnakes character trates now he is a fully paid WWE member to ge over again but my concern is, where does he fit? Pushing the undefeated angle for so long, which was some serious overkill, then loosing to Nash, he was built up too much and kind of wiltered afterwards. Will he be as much of a top drawer as the guys already here, don't know. Fans are fickle, but Vinny knows what sells and will most probably work some good stories. For me I'm staying on the fence until I can see where his character development is going.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Check out this story on Goldberg and Jericho by the Hitman.....

People ask me if sometimes tensions in the ring ever carry over into serious fights in the dressing room. Not usually because nobody wants to fight and get hurt -- and not get paid for it.

But, now and again, sometimes the best wrestling matches take place in the dressing rooms or showers. One such incident happened a couple of weeks ago when Goldberg made some less than kindly remarks about young Chris Jericho.

Goldberg's wrestling ability often resembled the gorilla in those old Samsonite luggage commercials. He had a tendency to injure everybody he worked with and took his own publicity a little too seriously.

My sense about Jericho, a local Calgary kid, is he's always been easy-going with an even disposition.

The one little thing Goldberg didn't take into account is Jericho was trained in my dad's dungeon. Although I'm sure Jericho doesn't pretend to be a shooter, he does have a decent wrestling background.

As I understand it, Jericho approached Goldberg in the dressing room and asked him politely if he'd come out in the hallway where they could talk in private.

Heads turned when Bill suddenly broke into character, bizarrely growling like he does on TV.

Goldberg suddenly gripped Jericho by the throat in a furious rage. The little scrappy Calgarian, who is nowhere near Goldberg's size, nonchalantly wrestled him to the floor, clamping on a front face lock, which is every shooter's last resort and is comparable to having a bear trap clamped on your head.

For the next several minutes, Goldberg did everything he could to shake Jericho off but no doubt all those long sessions in the dungeon paid off for Jericho. He choked Goldberg outright on the dressing room floor, in front of everybody. A reality check for Goldberg that's been long overdue.

I know when I talk with my dad, he has a bottomless pit of these kinds of stories going back 50 years and I know he's gonna love adding this one to his repertoire.

Maybe Goldberg should come up to Calgary and spend some time with Stu in the dungeon learning how to wrestle.

TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
That's a interesting story Teflon good read..

So what's happening with golberg at the moment any latest news as to how he is doing???

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Goldberg - Jericho at EB's Bad Blood..........

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ok a good match it should be...Golberg should smash him up!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No chance! Might win the prescripted match but certainly won't give him a beat down.

See my post under the Jericho Interview thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh come on Goldberg has no moves outside of that spear and jackhammer.Goldberg is a waste of time and space.If i was in WWE management I would get rid of the big loser asap.And then I would use the freed up money to pay a real wrestler.Too bad Bret harts injured or I would bring him back

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
He is very stiff in the ring and if the reports are to be believed his attitude sucks! I can't see him lasting long, if nothing happens soon then SummerSlam might be bye bye Goldberg.

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It appears that once Wrestlemania 20 has come and gone, we won't see former World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg in the WWE anymore. Right now, it growing more and more unlikely that the WWE will offer Goldberg a contract that is anywhere near the one he's currently under. If he doesn't get the contract that he expects, the general feeling is that Goldberg has no problems saying goodbye to the WWE and focusing on working in Japan.

However, Goldberg's drawing power in Japan is starting to falter and he is more physically injured than most people realize. Goldberg has told WWE officials that he wants to finish and fulfill his current contractual obligations and hopes that by Wrestlemania, he has helped change some of the negative perceptions that people have towards him in general.

So, at this point, we'll have to wait and see if the WWE will resign Goldberg, or if they will decide to forge ahead without Goldberg after Wrestlemania.

Sir

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't think they will,fans are disappointed in him and it looks like he is finished.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Finished your joking,Goldberg is the best he is awesome..GO BILL!!!
I don't care what you say Goldberg is God..

<<   2 >>

join