It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant snakes 60 meters long and thick as an oil drum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Giant snakes 60 meters long and thick as an oil drum, known to exist in Australia 10,000 years ago, now thought to be extinct.

Thats one big snake imagine if they found some that would be so cool to see these things, and Ausie is a big place some could still be alive.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Its not a snake, its a wurm. It must be if its that big.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow...yeah that is one big snake...but, we (humans) haven't actually explored much of Africa, and its jungles. We really haven't "opened the book" on Africa yet, so who knows what could be down there ???

-wD

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wonder what Steve Irwin would say?

Crikee !! That's one big snake. She's beautiful! Look at the size of her! Golly ! She's tryin' to swallow me leg !! I can't get loose !! Terry !! Get over here an take my place while I film this magnificent snake! My lovely wife Terry will now be swallowed instead of me. I've given her a handcam, so we can continue filming inside of the giant snake.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
roflmao! IF we found one, its a zoo-no-no.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
60 meters, thick as an oil drum. That is a very thin snake proportionately. 185' long? There is a physics problem here. Sure it wasn't a 60 FOOT snake?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
snake was two feet in diameter.

Also found this:

Possibly the nguma-monene. One was reportedly sighted in the Dongon-Mataba River in the Congo, South Africa. Described a "large snake with a serrated ridge on it's back". Approximated length of 40 to 60 meters. Habits, food source, etc. unknown. Villagers reported watching this creature for about 30 minutes.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Giant snakes 60 meters long and thick as an oil drum, known to exist in Australia 10,000 years ago, now thought to be extinct.

Thats one big snake imagine if they found some that would be so cool to see these things, and Ausie is a big place some could still be alive.

30.4cm/f
6000cm(60m x 100cm)/30.4(cm/f) =
197.3684211 feet

The largest whale ever to have lived is the blue whale, Balaenoptera musculus, and it is alive today. No fossil whales that we know of are as large as the blue whale.

Blue whales are the biggest animals in the world, and the females are larger than the males. The longest female on record measured 110 feet (34 m); the heaviest weighed 190 tons.

Blue Whale

You need to get your facts straight. No links, nothing. No proof of it's existence outside folk lore and universal paleontological understanding that the largest animal to roam this Earth is still alive today. Who ya gonna believe?..

new topics

top topics

join