It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Loudest Stadiums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In my oppinion.

1. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Florida " The Swamp "

2. Kyle Field, Texas A&M

3. Ohio Stadium, Ohio State " The Shoe "

4. Autzen Stadium, Oregon

5. Tiger Stadium, LSU " Death Valley "

6. Husky Stadium, Washington

7. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee

8. Camp Randall Stadium, Wisconsin

9. Memorial Stadium, Nebraska " The Sea Of Red "

10. Sanford Stadium, Georgia

11. Kinnick Stadium, Iowa

12. Beaver Stadium, Penn State

13. Lane Stadium, Virginia Tech

14. Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State

15. Michigan Stadium, Michigan " The Big House "

16. Clemson Memorial Stadium, Clemson " Death Valley "

17. Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame

18. Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Oklahoma

19. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama

20. Mountaineer Stadium, WVU

21. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn " The Jungle "

22. KSU Stadium, Kansas State

23. Carrier Dome, Syracuse " The Loud House "

24. Martin Stadium, Washington State

25. Miami Stadium, Miami

Just off the top of my head....I had to look up Syracuse and Auburn. I only know them by their Nicknames :party-smiley-018:

[Edited on 4/24/06 by SurfOBBC]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I can't tell you about more than Beaver Stadium from personal experience. But, I can imagine it is pretty darn intimidating for the opposition, especially smaller schools (which we unfortunatly still play) when they here what may be the dumbest cheer (but still spine tingling)

WE ARE!

PENN STATE!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I can't even imagine how it would be for an opposing team. The mighty buckeyes couldnt even handle them when they had the whiteout

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Some college football stadiums get so crazy. I've been to around 20 OSU games and PSU games I've been to around 10. They get absolutely wild ! Especially at PSU in the student section. OSU is just incredibly loud. It is absolutely insane after a game in Columbus Ohio. The craziest its ever been that I can remember wasnt even at home. It was this year at Michigan when OSU beat them 21 25...I think that was the score. It was absolutely nuts. I have never heard anything louder than that. Some OSU fans were even crying....it was almost weird.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I've been to a couple of stadiums on the list, Bryant-Denny in Tuscaloosa, Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, and Jordan-Hare in Auburn. All of them were really loud but i'd rank Bryant-Denny up towards the top, It was like standing in front of the speakers at a rock concert. The Husker fans get pretty crazy as well i sat on the opposite side of the student section but it was like sitting in the student section. I can't argue with any of selections you have there just maybe the order but does it really matter, college football fans are some of the most rabid, loyal and vocal fans around.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Agreed.

I want to go to atleast one SEC stadium before I die. I especially would like to make one trip to UGA.

But out of the Big 12 I would like to visit Texas A&M. It is supposed to be absolutely insane out there in little college station.

I pretty much ranked it based on personal experience and what I know from articles and stuff.

[Edited on 4/26/06 by SurfOBBC]

new topics

top topics

join