It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Hello Heisman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I know it is nowhere near College Football season but I just cannot wait until it comes. I just wanted to know who you guys think could be some of the top contenders for the heisman next year.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Dear SurfOBBC,

Hi. I am not qualified to give you intelligent--or even a mediocre--opinion on that subject at this time. But....

I AM qualified to say that I'm glad to meet you and that I know many other regulars will be equally glad to do so. We're a real band of characters here--and a pretty diversified band, at that--but we always love new members.

Welcome aboard.

Baseball History Nut :sport-smiley-019:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Brady Quinn, Notre Dame.

Always pulling for the Indiana Schools.
:party-smiley-018:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nice to meet you too.

Thanks Baseball history nut...a freind told me about this site and I checked it out and just had to become a member:tum:

But about the Brady Quinn for heisman thing

I think he could be at the top right now but trying not to be biased i'll say that if Troy Smith works on a few things he could be great

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Boy, to be honext, I can't even think of who might be contendors this season, it's so early. What are some other names you might suggest?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree it is a bit too early and its also hard to say with nearly everyone from USC leaving. But they do still have Dwayne Jarrett. Also Tedd Ginn could be great..if he improves his catching skill a bit.

I must say though Florida is a team to watch out for.

They recruited 2 great WR's from a HS not far from mine in VA.

They also recruited Tim Tebow (sp?) the top QB recruit in the country.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I also haven't a modest clue whom the Heisman contenders are going to be this season. I've been a candidates worst enemy when it comes to this too, every pick i've had hasn't won in the last 4 years. I'll let you know when the season gets a little closer.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'll list a few people that I think will be the top contenders.

Troy Smith
Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Ted Ginn Jr

I think they will be at the top when it comes to contenders. I didn't list Brady Quinn because I feel like Notre Dame will not do well at all this year. They are just so loved by the media that it bothers me. They go to bowls and get heisman candidates over teams that are more worthy.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The fact that the media loves Notre Dame is the exact reason I think Brady Quinn will win the Heisman. That award is just as much a popularity contest as it is an honor for great play.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdstheBest
The fact that the media loves Notre Dame is the exact reason I think Brady Quinn will win the Heisman. That award is just as much a popularity contest as it is an honor for great play.

Exactly. I didn't list him because I don't feel like he's worthy. He probably will win it but I just don't think he should.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdstheBest

Exactly. I didn't list him because I don't feel like he's worthy. He probably will win it but I just don't think he should.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Troy Smith - Adrian Peterson - Brady Quinn - Chris Leak

One of those four is going to win the Heisman.... thats about all the prediction I can make hah

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurfOBBC

Troy Smith
Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Ted Ginn Jr

I think they will be at the top when it comes to contenders. I didn't list Brady Quinn because I feel like Notre Dame will not do well at all this year. They are just so loved by the media that it bothers me. They go to bowls and get heisman candidates over teams that are more worthy.

You just wait though, Brady Quinn is one hell of a Quarterback, yes he does get a lot of attention because of where he plays, but he is a great talent and I'm sure he will have a great year this year

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bman3002

Originally posted by SurfOBBC

Troy Smith
Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Ted Ginn Jr

You just wait though, Brady Quinn is one hell of a Quarterback, yes he does get a lot of attention because of where he plays, but he is a great talent and I'm sure he will have a great year this year

I agree but they had some very Sketchy games last year. They lost to MSU and almost lost to Stanford. OSU blew them out in the Fiesta Bowl as well. Its just a tough situation because of how overated they are and their performance in a few games last year.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When Notre Dame loses to the Nittany Lions today, will he still be in contention??

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Good one.

Yes.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We'll see at the end of the day, my friend!

WE ARE...PENN STATE!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Top 5 Contenders at the Moment- In no particular order.

1.Troy Smith
2.Calvin Johnson
3.Steve Slaton
4.Garret Wolfe
5.Erik Ainge

(In my oppinion)

new topics

top topics

join