It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Bucknell Bison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
After an impressive run in the NCAA tournament last season (see story HERE), the Bison are poised to win the Patriot League once again this season, after returning a majority of the team that helped them win the first game the Patriot League has ever won in the tournament.

An upset over perrenial power Syracuse (at the Carrier Dome!) highlights the year so far. How far will they take it this season? Only time will tell, but I'm telling you now that they won't be a 14 seed again this year....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Villanova was ready for the Bison on Tuesday, giving them thier first loss of the season, 79-60. The top teams are startign to take notice of this program, and won't allow Bucknell to sneak up on them anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Bucknell might stil suprise some teams i mean can you ever really get used to hearing Bucknell Bison as a top team........ NO!!!!! To me Bucknell is still a sleeper ...NOT!!!!! but I just cant get used to them being a top team its just wierd to me anyway dont sleep on Boston University they are suprising!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh, I don't think they are near a top team in the nation, but can they still get some surprise vitories? They are definatley on the radar now...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, Bucknell predictably did not so hot at Cameron Fieldhouse, losing 50-84. They just dont' have the talent level that Duke does. This was the first time that the Bison have faced a #1 ranked team, and I'm still damn proud of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bucknell is still going strong, having most recently beaten Patriot League scoring leaders Lafayette 62-32. Thier record is 13-3, 4-0 in the Patriot league. I think they are on a roll, and will delve further into the field of 64 than the surprise (?) victory over Kansas in last year's tourney.

The latest game story form the local paper - Story LINK

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just checked out ESPN's bracketology page, they are currently predicting the Bison as the 10th seed in the east - LINK

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They've cracked the top 25, Baby!!!

For the first time in school history, Bucknell's Men's basketball team is ranked in the top 25, entering both the AP poll and the coaches poll at number 24 this week.

Story LINK

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, they defeated Army 70-47 yesterday to become the first team in Patriot League history to go through the regular season undefeated in league play. If they somehow manage to lose a game in the league tournament, I would think they will still get an at-large bid to the big dance.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
On to the final four of the Patriot league, they figure to win this sucker.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
They beat Holy Cross 74-59 yesterday to take the Patriot league for the 2nd year in a row. They should end up with about a 10 seed, which would be an amazing feat for an Patriot League team.

[Edited on 3/19/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
After the minor upset on Friday (9 seed over an 8), they have moved on to meet Memphis in approximately 45 minutes.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, that wasn't thier best performance of the season, but Memphis is a much more physical team. If they could have hit a few more treys, the outcome would have been different, but the shots just weren't coming today.

Congratulations on a great season, gentlemen! :approve:

new topics

top topics

join