It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: 2005 NCAA Mens Basketball season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The preseason rankings are out, and yawn, Duke is ranked #1.

The interesting thing is that UNC isn't even ranked in the top 25. Defending champs, take a seat. This is the first time the defending champion isn't ranked in the preseason since Kansas in 1988-1989.

The Big East has five ranked teams, and the ACC and Big Ten each have four teams in the poll.

The season starts tomorrow night with the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic, which benefits Coaches vs. Cancer.

I think that this will be a season of business as usual, with the Blue Devils waltzing through the regular season, getting maybe 2 losses, and then dominating March Madness.

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Does that mean March Madness is comming around again?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Does that mean March Madness is comming around again?

In March...

March Madness is just the popluar term used for the NCAA tournament, which is used to determine the National Champion.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The games start this evening, with #1 Duke playing Boston University to kick off the NIT preseason tournament. Tip off is in, oh, 5 seconds...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I usually don't watch much college ball beyond the Tar Heels, and I'm willing to bet we don't have quite as good a chance to repeat as some other teams.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The Heels lost a lot of talent this past year. They will be lucky to have a winning record.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
No undefeated teams are left, as Duke, Pittsburgh, and Florida all ost on the same day. Incredibly, the Blue Devils have never had an undefeated season, which I thought they were headed for thisd year.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Those were my favorite scores except teh florida one.I have never liked DUke i always cheer against them.Finally a not so great Georgetown team beat them i jumped off my couch when i saw the score and i went crazy>The Pitt game was good but i hate all Pittsburgh teams so that was also good.Florida my 2nd fav team in College for everything had to lose though.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Last undefeated team? My own Indiana Hoosiers in 1976. :party-smiley-018:

They actually had a better team in '75 but lost to Kentucky in the tournament when Scott May broke his arm. So they actually went two years with one loss. Krzyzewsk was a grad assistant for IU on the '75 team, having played for Knight when Knight was the West Point coach. Good times...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Duke will be fine. We are all aware of how tough it is to run the table in college basketball. A bad shooting day is all it takes and almost any team can beat another. I think Gibbs is still in line to have a nice prediction. A loss isn't bad in my eyes, now they have felt the sting and don't want to feel it again.
My team is the Iowa State Cyclones and we (as usual) are off to a mediocre start. We tend to play the best later in the year. Inconsistency is always a problem. The road is usually not the best to us, we went like 38 games or something without a conference road win!@#!??! Our third year coach is (IMO) a great one, just in the past three years recruiting has seemed to pick up quite a bit.

new topics

top topics

join