It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know its a long way from the College Football Season, but I think that Ohio State is gonna win the NCAA Championship this season, They have a really good team and a great receiver plus I dont think the Big Ten is gonna be that tough this year,

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't follow College Football much. I am a big UNC Baseball and Basketball fan, so I watch any UNC football games that come on. Our only big wins last year was aginst #21 NC State and a HUGE win over #2 Miami.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
For some reason i think LSU is going to take the championship this year, I like their QB Jamarcus Russell. And also watch out for Tennessee this year i think they are going to be the spoiler, they may not make a run for the title but they will ruin it for some teams. Another strong team will be Oklahoma, again, and USC, again. I just don't think the cards are in Ohio states favor this year.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well...It's not too far off...

All I know is, FSU is gonna blow this year man - I mean, our first game is against Miami - 9/10 chance we're gonna loose our first game means our morale for the rest of the year will be out the door in the first half...

We don't even have a damn starting QB yet....36 Freshman to 18 Seniors - Leon Washington and Ernie Sims can only do so much for us - We need a real team to make that magic the Seminoles were once known for to come back...

And to top things off, with that goofball-of-a-son Jeff Bowden still up top guiding the WRs, we're so screwed man...l

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong....

[Edited on 8/24/2005 by ChiefOsceola]

KJ

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Cheer up Seminole fan. Florida State had the nation's number one recruiting class, and some key peices to a dominating team including a "shutdown" corner, playmaking linebacker, talented receiver, and more than one capable bulldozing tailback. If Sexton's backup is capable of leading this team, FSU may just break through. Miami's not in the best shape either, so don't give up yet.

I've even heard some rumors of a national title-calibur matchup between FSU-UF. Brings back the good ol' days of '96....of course, that was the Gators' national title season.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Bman3002, look out for the Penn State Defense to upset the Buckeyes.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
USC is going for the three-peat this year guys, and of course they are my pick to win it all this year. there offense is going to be good, if not as good as last years. they have all their offensive weapons back from last year: leinart, bush, white, jarrett, smith, and byrd. and this year true freshman patrick turner will have a big impact. he is just as big as mike williams, and has great hands. the only question mark with the trojans this year is the defense. losing grootegood, cody, and patterson are big losses, but the trojans still have a great core of defenders that include dallas sartz (LB), darnell bing (SS), Frostee Rucker (i think he plays DE) and Justin Wyatt (CB). look for the trojans to go all the way again this year.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My Longhorns are ranked #2. I am stoked. They will beat Oklahoma!!! They will go undefeated!!! They will win the National Championship!!! I don't usually get overexcited about this stuff, but I feel it.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Great... my team isn't ranked, and won't be for a VERY long time. As much as I hate to admit it, UNC's win against Miami was a fluke last year. We won't beat any team below #20.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How bout them Sooners??!! hahah im lovin it, im not a big fan of oklahoma, I just hope Texas slaughters them later in the year...

And I still like Ohio States chances, Ohio State Versus Texas, I can't WAIT!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJ
Cheer up Seminole fan. Florida State had the nation's number one recruiting class, and some key peices to a dominating team including a "shutdown" corner, playmaking linebacker, talented receiver, and more than one capable bulldozing tailback. If Sexton's backup is capable of leading this team, FSU may just break through. Miami's not in the best shape either, so don't give up yet.

I've even heard some rumors of a national title-calibur matchup between FSU-UF. Brings back the good ol' days of '96....of course, that was the Gators' national title season.

Thank god you ended up being right....lol

The last 2 1/2 minutes of the 4th quarter shook me up like crazy....Me and my buddy that was sitting next to me went absolutely crazy, as did the rest of the 84 some-odd thousand, when Miami fumbled that field goal....

Finally they were on the receiving end of a failed attempt...

The rest of the game was simply nauseating though...Both teams' defenses stood strong 98% of the time, but watching their offensive attempts (especially my boys' ) was infuriating...

[Edited on 9/6/2005 by ChiefOsceola]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Who is ready for one of the greatest games in College History? I know I am, I can't sit still. Being from Ohio I noticed a large tide of red color come over the state. Its awsome. Unless the winner of this game really f#$%# up the rest of the season they will be in the championship game.
And I say it is going to be "THE" OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY by 3.

We will find out in 33hrs and 10 min...I mean 9min. :bounce:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well I picked the OSU game all wrong. I DIDN'T FACTOR TRESSELS COACHING INTO IT. Who the hell relies on the QB draw every play in the redzone. That was terrible. That game should have been about 35-25 Ohio State on top. You could not ask any more from the OSU D. They were killing Young but I saw it coming in the third quarter and I called it...OSU was so focused on killing Young and Young wasn't know to be the great passer It was the classic setup. By the end Ohio State had 8-9 in the box. That setup the touchdown pass scenerio.

Anyways that score should have never mattered. A.J. Hawk lived up to the help and had a ton of turnovers. That entire Defense put the ball in thier offenses hands(exactly where it is supposed to be). I blame the offense on Tressel. And then to put your most unproductive QB in at the end???? That was brilliant. OSU and Texas I say should meet again in Pasadena.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bman3002
I know its a long way from the College Football Season, but I think that Ohio State is gonna win the NCAA Championship this season, They have a really good team and a great receiver plus I dont think the Big Ten is gonna be that tough this year,

I hate to say I told you so, Bman, but...

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Bman3002, look out for the Penn State Defense to upset the Buckeyes.

I still beleive it will come down to Texas and USC for the chamionship at the end of the season, though.

top topics

join