It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Can Bucknell do it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They haven't been to the dance since 1989, but they are holding onto a 10 point lead over Holy Cross with 4:00 left to play...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
61-57 with 7 seconds to go, timeout Holy Cross...

Bucknell is 15 minutes away from my home town, they were in the tourney twice in the late '80s, that's why I started following basketball.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Game set match, the Patriot League championship is theirs. This is the first time they have won the Patriot League. the last time they were in the dance was 1989.

:party-smiley-018:

Bring on North Carolina!

:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Way to go Bucknell Bison!

They could play UNC first round, they'll probably be a 16 seed.

Kevin Bettencourt made two free throws with eight seconds left as Bucknell blew a 20-point lead then held on to beat Holy Cross 61-57 in the Patriot League championship on Friday, giving the Bison their first trip to the NCAA Tournament since 1989.

Despite its 24 wins and the 16-game winning streak that ended Friday, the loss on its home court will most likely cost Holy Cross a chance at the NCAAs. No Patriot League team has ever been invited without winning the conference title.

Bucknell, which had impressive victories over Pittsburgh, Niagara and Saint Joseph's this season -- had never won the Patriot League Tournament title. The Bison have been to the NCAAs twice -- they also went in 1987 -- losing in the first round each time.

cbs.sportsline.com...@HOLY

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Bucknell, which had impressive victories over Pittsburgh, Niagara and Saint Joseph's this season -- had never won the Patriot League Tournament title. The Bison have been to the NCAAs twice -- they also went in 1987 -- losing in the first round each time.

They were a 16 seed both the other tiems, I don't remember who they played or what the outcomes were, but they were obviously overmatched each time. But hey, they 're in the Patriot league, for chrissakes, not the ACC...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

They were a 16 seed both the other tiems, I don't remember who they played or what the outcomes were, but they were obviously overmatched each time.

1987 - Georgetown 75, Bucknell 53 (1 vs 16)

1989 - Syracuse 104, Bucknell 81 (2 vs 15)

That's a big accomplishment for a small school like that. And its not like its by accident, they didn't "accidentally" beat Pitt or St Joe's, they must be a solid team. I'm sure they're partying it up on that campus tonight!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

1987 - Georgetown 75, Bucknell 53 (1 vs 16)

1989 - Syracuse 104, Bucknell 81 (2 vs 15)

That's a big accomplishment for a small school like that. And its not like its by accident, they didn't "accidentally" beat Pitt or St Joe's, they must be a solid team. I'm sure they're partying it up on that campus tonight!

Thanks for the research, PA. If only I'd get off my lazy duff...

Yeah, the patying last night must have been great, and here I am 2 hours north...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ESPN predicts the brackets, they're usually in the ballpark with their selections.

sports.espn.go.com...

They have Bucknell as a #14 seed in the south bracket, playing #3 Boston College.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
ESPN predicts the brackets, they're usually in the ballpark with their selections.

sports.espn.go.com...

They have Bucknell as a #14 seed in the south bracket, playing #3 Boston College.

Don't you mean the Syracuse Bracket LOL

I liked the old days of East, Wouth Midwest and West...

That's promising, especially with BC continueing thier late-season free-fall. The Central Susquehanna Valley is getting put on the map!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Bucknell plays #3 Kansas in the Syracuse bracket.

That region has North Carolina, UConn, Kansas, Florida, and Villanova.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
At leat theymade it again after all these years

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here's an avatar for you Gibbs.

i.cnn.net...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Heh, I'm sold!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Heh, I'm sold!

It'll be good until at least Friday.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Or maybe longer...

What are the odds of an upset of Kansas?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Or maybe longer...

What are the odds of an upset of Kansas?

Looks like they have Kansas as 14 point favorites as of now.

www.vipsports.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Graduation Rate A 'dirty little secret' seldom mentioned during March Madness. Schools like Bucknell, Fairfield and Colgate lead the nation. 'Nuff said

onlinencaabasketballbetting.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Bucknell only trailing Kansas by 3 at the half, 31-28!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Gibbsy, I hope you're watching this buddy.

Bucknell is winning 49-48 with 7:30 left in the game!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Bucknell leads 60-56 with 1:55 left.

Can they do it???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join