It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Savannah State goes 0-for-season !!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The coach stood limply in front of the bench - arms folded, a disbelieving look in his eyes. One of his players sat dejectedly on the court - staring at his feet, not wanting to look up at the all-too-familiar scoreboard. Savannah State seemed overwhelmed by the finality of it all. Yep, the Tigers went 0-for-the-season. They finished 0-28 by losing to Florida A&M 49-44 on Monday night.

LINK...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
unbeleivable. I heard about this on Around the horn, and the question was raised, which is harder to go winless, or go undefeated?

I'd say to go winless. It's hard to beleive a team can be that horrible.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That's one way to get in the record books.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Iwould loved to see Savanah play Illinois in their last game and Beat them to be 1-28. I guess these writers also forgot to point out that Savanah was in last place in it's division by only 1 game... That's right, the second-to-last team, Longwood is a measly 1-26. They play my hometown Appalachain State tonight. Appalachain is 14-9, so I'm expecting a win.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Savannah State coach Ed Daniels was fired Thursday, three days after the Tigers became just the second NCAA Division I team in the past 50 years to have a winless season

CBS

Surprse, surprise..

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Iwould loved to see Savanah play Illinois in their last game and Beat them to be 1-28. I guess these writers also forgot to point out that Savanah was in last place in it's division by only 1 game... That's right, the second-to-last team, Longwood is a measly 1-26. They play my hometown Appalachain State tonight. Appalachain is 14-9, so I'm expecting a win.

That is just pathetic, both of these teams need to be disbanded and strung up by their fingernails. i don't care how bad you suck, you can still pull one or two wins out of your shorts.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Longwood lost last night... they're 1-28 now... Only outta last in their division by a half game

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
That is just pathetic, both of these teams need to be disbanded and strung up by their fingernails. i don't care how bad you suck, you can still pull one or two wins out of your shorts.

Where do we sign up to help?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just saw that Lonwood lost yet again... they're record is now 1-29. Now you have to wonder... who would win the game between longwood and savannah state?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
How can we set this up?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Now you have to wonder... who would win the game between longwood and savannah state?

it would be a tie game after 5 overtimes, score? 49-49.

top topics

join