It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Assorted Shouts for Chris Rix!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I can't wait! I can almost taste the foul words that are going to come out of my mouth. And I want you all to help me :tum:

Not only will I have good seats this season for my FSU home games, but Chris Rix lives right down the road from me....his tires are ten sizes too large and I wanted to fix them for him all season last year - lol

So what are some good things to shout at him if I get the chance? Let's be creative!!
Just look at him....he's so pathetic - lol

Ben

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
could you get close enough to actually talk enough smack for him to hear?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Like I said - he lives right down the road...I can poke my head out the window and see his car when he's here (I find it funny that he never drives his car to the local games, someone always picks him up) All I'd have to do is build up the nerve....if not, my blabber mouth freind will do it for me, guarenteed

Give me some ideas....I've wasted away on all the old ones....Chris Dix, momma's boy, wimpy piece a....no good....why I otta....lol

[Edited on 8/11/2004 by ChiefOsceola]

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i would take the classic line from the Sandlot- " You throw like a girl" Or is it " You play ball like a girl" either one is good.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How about "Play for a real team, Rix!"

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
isnt FSU a real team?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
isnt FSU a real team?

Shh, I'm just trying to see if I can get Cheif riled up. Don't tell him!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

lol - We'll just have to wait and see......lmao....here I am supporting my team but bashing my QB - *sighs* - oh well.....the second sting, sexton....he's pretty rough too - not too much experience and he's one of the coach's sons

Rix has his moments...but they're more like a snickers bars in the hands of a poor fat kid....they come and go quickly - lol

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefOsceola

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

lol - We'll just have to wait and see......lmao....here I am supporting my team but bashing my QB - *sighs* - oh well.....the second string, sexton....he's pretty rough too - not too much experience and he's one of the coach's sons
- and we don't even have a third string....

Rix has his moments...but they're more like a snickers bars in the hands of a poor fat kid....they come and go quickly - lol

Ben

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
how come you dis-like rix so much?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here are my reasons why I think he's a useless QB:

**He averages about four turnovers a game
**He cannot hit his receivers on any kind of consistant basis
**He runs with the ball in an unsafe position, causing fumble after fumble
**His first reaction is to run backwards when under pressure
**He tries to remember to slide when he's under pressure but usually takes a big hit, and considering our second string QB is worse, he really needs to watch that a lot better
**He considers backflips into the end zone a perfectly normal way of making a touchdown
**He can't even make it to his exams on time
**He parks in the disabled parking spaces on campus to get to his classes faster

In general, he's a lacky who has big shoes to fill and he tries - he tries real hard - but he falls on his face almost every time....

Despite everything I've said I don't hate Rix - I just wish we had someone else with a little more common sense and natural talent - He has had his moments - and when he does have them they're usually beautiful....but I get the sense that he still doesn't know what's going on around him - I guess I can only wait and see what his training in the off-season has provided us with this season - In the meantime, Bobby needs to be scouting for some fresh meat.

Ben

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yea i see your point you seem to know a lot about football, you should join our fantasy league man.

But you have to wonder as well is it his fault that he makes those mistakes or is it the coaches mistake of not fixing it.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
But you have to wonder as well is it his fault that he makes those mistakes or is it the coaches mistake of not fixing it.

Yeah - very true - Jeff Bowden ain't so hot etiher, and he's the one calling most of the shots - Bobby is getting old...Billy Sexton drafted his own son onto the team, even tho he has little talent - the next QB to-be - don't even get me started on Mickey Andrews....lol - I'm definantly a fair-weather fan, no doubt about it! :tum:

[Edited on 8/14/2004 by ChiefOsceola]

Ben

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Bowden is an icon so they wont get rid oh him until he leaves on his own terms, and of course any father is going to put his son on his team no matter the talent level, because hey thats what fathers do.

They need to get a new coaching staff, especially a new QB coach. Get Suppier on that team.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok...I'm thoroughly pissed tonight! I wasn't at the game but I watched every second from my friend's house

CLASSIC RIX!!

Gimme some good one-liners people...I need to blow some steam!

Amatuer z league sorry ass fumbling butterfinger loser!!!! :smug:

[Edited on 9/11/2004 by ChiefOsceola]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hehe....looks like those above comments went down in sports history...

But in the story, the reporter labeled me as the stereotypical Rix-basher....He made no mention of the fact that I also contribute part of the blame to Jeff Bowden, which is his entire article's focus...that Rix-bashers must not see the big picture...

Of course, even though a couple months have gone by, I plan on emailing him to A - Thank him for the publicity of our forum and B - To set him straight on what my opinion was, regardless of the colorful language I used...

Clealry journalism is still a world of editing and mad-libs to make someone sound the way they want them to, so they can fit it in their story as an example of what they are trying to prove...

As far as Rix goes...Finally Bobby woke up and put Sexton in...I had my doubts at first, but after watching his first couple plays in the game, I knew the kid had a beter head on his shoulders - He just has that confidence that a good team-leading QB requires...Bobby almost put Rix back in at the NC State game...thank God he didn't! His twisted ankle has proven to be his finale....Although I've heard rumors that some NFL team thinks they can draft him and mold him into a good player...just not in the QB position....OUCH!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefOsceola
Of course, even though a couple months have gone by, I plan on emailing him to A - Thank him for the publicity of our forum and B - To set him straight on what my opinion was, regardless of the colorful language I used...

Clealry journalism is still a world of editing and mad-libs to make someone sound the way they want them to, so they can fit it in their story as an example of what they are trying to prove...

good to thank him, and invite him to the site!

And yeah, it seems journalists will twist things arond to make the point thtat they want to make, not neccesarily what was meant.

Unless you're Ron Artest.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Alrite i'll jump in Rix you punk you dunno how to mange a team to save your life being axed from Portsmouth then Oxfo.......... oh wait this a different Rix not Graham Rix is it?:sport-smiley-019: :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Alrite i'll jump in Rix you punk you dunno how to mange a team to save your life being axed from Portsmouth then Oxfo.......... oh wait this a different Rix not Graham Rix is it?:sport-smiley-019: :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Hey...Maybe it's in the geneology of all Rixs'....Nice insult though!! That's what I'm looking for!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join