It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a homophobe????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by Gazrok
35 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

Then again, my brother is gay, hehe....

Well,

Gays are in the people like the rest of us..

Many of them are very nice people..

They are just 'little' lost..

Maybe you are the lost one FULCRUM. Noone can prove that God exists so nobody can say that being Gay is wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
54 - Your score rates you as "homophobic." i answered honestly

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
20 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My score was 51 and it could have been lower.

Personally my only concern is with people that think being gay is trendy or fashionable. Everything new is cool, but being gay is not new, it is only unfamiliar to many people.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
7 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

I have been known to watch an episode of "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" on occasion

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
7 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

What asuprise! I've been told my own beliefs. Ah well, at least I can put a number to it!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chud
Homosexuality isn't a mental illness, gay people aren't 'sick', they were just born finding the same sex attrative. I certaintly would never sleep with someone of the same sex, but I can accept why gay people do. They don't deserved to be locked up as you suggest.

Really?? Then why is it that a lot of gay people become not gay at some point in their life. You are not born gay IMO,it is a choice.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
TC: In my world there are no minorities just people. If God divides the gay from the straight on judgement day then so be it. But, until Jesus rides in here on a cloud I say everyone should be treated equally and have the same rights as you and me. They pay taxes and social security they should get a say on who gets their benefits when they die.

Instead, a whole segment of our population is deemed outcast and discriminated against because their behavior doesn't fall in line with christian doctrine. Then, we should say alcoholics and drug addicts can't get married. We should say thieves and killers can't get married. You can't just single out one sin and discriminate against those people that commit it. Our government willingly accepts their taxes without accepting their lifestyle. But, all of sudden when you're talking about marriage it means accepting their lifestyle.

The only reason I posted this folks was because I had noticed that their are alot of posts lately that have to do with homosexual lifestyles and weather or not these people are going to hell. I noticed that so many posts were being responded too with ingnorance and hate.

Since my friends call me a computer geek and most that I show this site too think that everyone that post here are NUTZ and paranoid freaks of nature I really thought it would be interesting to see how accepting this community is of others, which from the looks of it the community is split.

That makes sense since its made of just about everyone from everywhere.

Please understand I didnt mean to start some hate debate.

I personally dont care as I stated before who swings their bat which way. People are people!
Gay straight backward forward we are all just a bunch of ignorant assholes that know everything.

And we are the freaks. LOL (at least some out there thinks that of us)

Mark

Ps its postedi in Education and Media as it should be. Afterall tolerence comes from education.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

I find nothing wrong with Homosexuals, in fact find them more amusing than straight people.
Deep

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nyeff,

Really?? Then why is it that a lot of gay people become not gay at some point in their life. You are not born gay IMO,it is a choice.

Ppl becoming gay and ungay as they please? A choice? It's not a choice, they don't choose to be gay. You're saying people choose their sexuality, I never made the decision to be straight, I was born that way. I'm sure gay people find people of the same sex attractive because it's built into them, not because they choose to.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Chud]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Fulcrum your avatar looks the dead spit of my ex boyfriend. He was in the army too.

Which avatar was that?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Definately well put Springer.

53 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

Look. I dont midn gays...They can do whatever they want..as long as they dont try hitting on me. Though in public if I see 2 guys kissing that woul d fully disgust me. I find it disgusting. 2 Girls kissing aint that bad but i still find it a little disgusting. Man and woman kissing is fine with me.
Why? Coz it just is, that is the way i am.

yup, im just like you.. i find girls kissing well

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
40 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."
In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48. This is not conclusive, however. Dr. Adams, the researcher who helped develop this scale, writes that "a major difficulty of this area of research is in defining and measuring homophobia." Elsewhere, he cautions: Since there is no universally accepted definition of homophobia, the scales currently in use may not measure all aspects of homophobia

Okay...I will say it again...gay men and women...can't procreate...unless they have a surrogate mother or a sperm donor...still it's not 100% their genes. Natural order is male and female organisms...including us humans....mate...and create and offspring...to pass down their genes. Easy as....1....2...and 3....tah dah....you have a child..duh. I get along with all "kinds" of people...and some I don't....but I don't judge....too much...hehe. Adopted/surrogated children who are in a gay couple probably won't experience and have a normal life...the "vibe" will be "you are not TOTALLY our child"...children can sense that. I am married...to a female..I am male btw....we have a beautiful child...probabably better genes than most out there. I picked out my wife because she has a brain...very loving...and is naturally beautiful...and with my genes...KAPOWEEEEEEEEE!!...even better genes now...wooohoooo. In one word...NATURAL...you could even call it evolution...natural selection...eh?

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by xenongod]

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

Homosexuality isn't a mental illness, gay people aren't 'sick', they were just born finding the same sex attrative. I certaintly would never sleep with someone of the same sex, but I can accept why gay people do. They don't deserved to be locked up as you suggest.

That is a great opinion Nyeff. I really thought that way for awhile too. I understand now that I didnt *Choose* to be straight. I just am. I dont see why a gay person would *choose* to have a life of ridicule and banishment
and abuse.
Even modern science doesnt understand the etiology of homosexuality. People want to say that its morally wrong and not natural. Just because this ignorance is rampant doesnt mean that its right.

Mark

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
14 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

Is that anything like "weapons grade plutonium?"

Well, I'm neither white nor male so I guess this skews my test results. Does that make me a "fag-hag?"

hrxll

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
You got problems FULCRUM.. . . . . anyone who is a homophobe is to me is the one part of an'anti-cultural' movement, as TC said. Shows ignorance to think that something that is different is wrong. Whats all this 'extreme-left' bull# Mr. Crowne? So you're saying only commies accept Homosexuals? Hmm. . . .thats not really true is it.

I agree with you that Fulcrom sounds a bit scary. You have to separate the sinner from the sin. Understand, the human has rights as a human, but do not have rights as one who is participating in sin, or centuries old unacceptable behavior.
When I say left-wing, I do not mean commie, as you say, but liberal, as in the anti-traditional, anti-Christian, anti-American, anti-commonlaw, anti-constitutional (unless it fits their specific needs and can be manipulated to be against morality and Judeo-Christian principles) groups doing their dead-level best to undermine the national direction given by the Founding Fathers and those that followed up until a handful of decades ago.
While it is true that the Soviets made it a point to choreograph and foment the liberal direction in order to destroy the national fabric and moral glue that held the country together and allowed it to become great, I believe that the same types would have grown like a bacteria culture, anyway. It seems to always happen that after the great men build something, the spineless hedonistic dregs come along and comandeer, corrupt and destroy that which they did not create.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So in this ideal world I'm gay your straight, I have the right to work, pay taxes, contribute etc but beyond that I have no right to security, safety or respect from the rest of the community because of my sexual preference. I have all the obligations and none of the kudos that you will enjoy. My taxes go towards your community but you can feel perfectly justified spitting at me in the street, that's if I can manage to get a job because no one will employ queers for anything but the most menial work. You can move in and take half my house and it's belongings because your gay brother who just died and you hadn't spoken to for twenty years, was my partner who lived with me but you can do that because I have no legal recognition of my relationship, your kids can throw stones at my window because I'm queer and I bring this on myself by *choosing* to be that way and therefore have no legal expectation of justice or protection.

Come off it TC! In your world choosing to see a certain lifestyle as a sin automatically robs me of any rights whatsoever other than the ability to breath the air. Stop kidding yourself that your being reasonable. You are far scarier than Fulcrum, he just spouts hatred, you try to qualify it.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
So in this ideal world I'm gay your straight, I have the right to work, pay taxes, contribute etc but beyond that I have no right to security, safety or respect from the rest of the community because of my sexual preference. I have all the obligations and none of the kudos that you will enjoy. My taxes go towards your community but you can feel perfectly justified spitting at me in the street, that's if I can manage to get a job because no one will employ queers for anything but the most menial work. You can move in and take half my house and it's belongings because your gay brother who just died and you hadn't spoken to for twenty years, was my partner who lived with me but you can do that because I have no legal recognition of my relationship, your kids can throw stones at my window because I'm queer and I bring this on myself by *choosing* to be that way and therefore have no legal expectation of justice or protection.

Come off it TC! In your world choosing to see a certain lifestyle as a sin automatically robs me of any rights whatsoever other than the ability to breath the air. Stop kidding yourself that your being reasonable. You are far scarier than Fulcrum, he just spouts hatred, you try to qualify it.

Bravo !! TC doesn't really know what he believes in anyway, just a bunch of hot air.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why would a God send you to hell for something that you have no control over? Why is being gay a sin if you're born that way? What a great God

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Nyeff,

Ppl becoming gay and ungay as they please? A choice? It's not a choice, they don't choose to be gay. You're saying people choose their sexuality, I never made the decision to be straight, I was born that way. I'm sure gay people find people of the same sex attractive because it's built into them, not because they choose to.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Chud]

Ummm. Well Anne Heche(sp) comes to mind. One minute she is gay and living with Ellen Degenrous. A little while later she decides the gay life is not for her and goes back to guy's. Also there are plenty of people that change from being gay to not being gay because the found God.
If you can flip the switch from one to the other it is a choice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join