It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: where will Spurrier end up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
this is a question my brother and i have been batting around for a week or so. is he gonna stay in the NFL or go back to the college ranks, or will he be retired? so if he stays in the NFL which team will he go too? if he goes back to college will he go back to Florida? i had heard a rumor that Nebraska was trying to land him, although not as actively as they were Houston Nutt. i personally would like to see him go back to Florida, he's a gator through and through. so the next question is, if he decides to coach again how long till he get's back into it?

Ben

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If he stays in the NFL i think he will wind up in Oakland and if he goes to the college ranks i think he will be in Nebraska. The Huskeirs are very desperate to find somebody right now

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It looks like Spurrier got shafted a bit at the skins,i think he will go back to college football.I don't think he will stay away to long and should be back for next season.

Ben

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
it wasnt really a challenge for him at the college level so i would look for him at the NFL, wanting a Super Bowl ring

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Gators do not need Spurrier at this time the new guy is earning new fans at every game. Don't think he will stay in NFL....he is a great coach at the college level and that is where we will find him next year.
By the way, if you live in Florida you must find an alligience....Hurricane or Gator or Seminole. Although now the South Fla team is stronger every year along with Central Florida.
There is no other college football state like this one in Florida! Most wish that Spurrier had never left.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Truth of the matter is that most likely he won't go to the NFL, he still had a few more years remaining on his contract and he "bowed out". It was too tough for him everybody thought. I personally think that he just started with a bad team, if he had started with an ok them then I think he would've done pretty well. He's a good coach through and through though. He's Steve Spurrier though, he'll make any college football team perfect.

Ben

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
But he wants the NFL ring to wear around. And this is a chanallge for him. So he will be back as a assistand head coahc of Head coahc who knows, but he wants that ring.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wish he would've went to Oakland, I have respect for Norv, and I can't stand the f#%@$*g Raiders...

He'll probably end up taking a year off, then going back to school somewhere. Hopefully, he's not waiting for JoePa to retire, I think I might slit my wrists if he does!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join