It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: National Championship

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The BCs has been unpredicatable this season...who do you guys think will be in the National Championship this season? And who will win it?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
this one is really tough to answer, since as im typing Oklahoma is losing big to Kansas State, USC won today and it looks like LSU will also.

Two scenarios I can think of:

-OU drops two spots from the loss, USC and LSU make it to Sugar Bowl

-USC gets snubbed from the 2 spot; OU's loss makes it drop a spot but doesnt alter what bowl it will play in. OU vs. LSU

From what I've seen today USC and LSU are playing better than Oklahoma (its only one game though).

I would LIKE to see a USC-LSU matchup (I shudder when I say this being a UCLA fan
) but a LSU-OU matchup looks awfully good too.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
yikes.

after being ranked #1 by both the Associated Press AND the Coaches polls, USC was promptly knocked down to #3 by....computers.

the analysts on ESPN seem to be calling for the BCS to be made irrelevant....I think I agree.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OU vs. LSU

Ben

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
is a rip off i cant believe that USC isnt in it this is a disgrace to the BCS...by far i think they should jsut throw out the system...it has been nothing but bad since it was put into place in 1998

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Every year not only does the BCS makes me mad.

It makes me even more madder than the year before.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
its worse this year than last year i mean last year the number 1 was in there but this year it isnt

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think this is the first time since the BCS started that the #1 in both polls isn't in there.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
why did that do that?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I was correct, even though I wanted USC in it

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
in my opinion the national championship should be USC and LSU. when OU lost their conference championship game that should have knocked them out. this brings up a whole new can of worms also, either every conference needs a championship game or none of them should have it. this brings up another question too. who's gonna win LSU or OU? i think LSU schools OU in how to play some SEC football. so i take LSU by 10 1/2.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang:

in my opinion the national championship should be USC and LSU.

I agree.

when OU lost their conference championship game that should have knocked them out.

That and they got routed in their game with Kansas State. If Oklahoma had only lost be a field goal or even a touchdown, okay I might buy that they should still be in the "National Championship" game.

However they lost by a whopping score of 35 to 7 and it could have been 42 to 7.

new topics

top topics

join