It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Heisman

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There are many players this season that are playing amazing who will win the Heisman?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If I were a voter and had to vote today, I'd go with Larry Fitzgerald from Pitt.

Kellen Winslow has made more news with his mouth than on the field, what year is he in? Anyone know?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'll go with Jason White from Oklahoma.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I like Larry also, but Eli Manning from Ole Miss is my second pick.

Ben

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Fitzgerald won't get the credit that he deserves because he is a shopmore. I heard on ESPN that the voters won't vote for him cause of his age and nobody has won it at a young age.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I dont care how old he is, I think he's been the best player in the country this season. 17 straight with a TD is awesome. I vote Larry Fitzgerald.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
I'll go with Jason White from Oklahoma.

Good call FM!!

Jason White capped a remarkable comeback with college football's most prestigious award, winning the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night a year after an injury nearly ended his career.

The Oklahoma quarterback, who almost quit football following his second major knee injury in September 2002, beat out Pittsburgh receiver Larry Fitzgerald by 128 points for the award.

White threw 40 touchdown passes and led the third-ranked Sooners to 12 straight wins to open the season and a spot in the Bowl Championship Series title game against No. 2 LSU.

White beat Fitzgerald 1,481-1,353. Eli Manning was third with 710 points and Chris Perry was next with 341.

White became the fourth Sooner to win the Heisman, joining Billy Sims(1978), Steve Owens (1969) and Billy Vessels (1952).

White is hoping to become the third quarterback to win the Heisman and the national title in the same season, joining Florida State's Charlie Ward (1993) and Florida's Danny Wuerffel (1996).

Ben

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i wonder why Larry Fitzgerald didnt win it. I give great respect to White but i mean larry has played a lot better than White.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I still think Fitzgerald deserved the award as well regardless of what year he is in, oh well. :yawn:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
By the way, is it just me or did Jason White not look like a Heisman Trophy winner those last 2 games.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i would have liked Manning or Fitzgerald

top topics

join