It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Penn State Football

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Win #337 for JoePa !!!

Penn State beat Temple today 23-10 to start of their season.

The game wasn't as close as the score indicated, but it wasn't a cakewalk for the Lions either. The Owls outgained Penn State by 47 total yards (357-310), and held the Lions to just 79 yards passing.

Temple's stingy defense was no surprise to Penn State. Last season, the Owls finished 18th nationally in total defense, allowing 315.67 yards per game to become one of just eight Division I-A programs to finish in the top 20 in total defense in both 2001 and 2002.

Penn State faces its second consecutive Big East opponent next Saturday, welcoming Boston College to Happy Valley for a noon showdown. Temple hopes to rebound hosting Villanova at brand-new Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.

www.pennstatefootball.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Big game tomorrow for the Lions, they open their Big 10 schedule against rival Wisconsin. They need a big game from Mills and Hunt to throw some quick points up and let the defense do their thing.

CBS.Sportsline is picking the Badgers.......

Gimme a T, gimme an H, gimme a U, gimme a G!
What's it spell in the Big Ten? Try Penn State's cheerleaders. They might as well be installed as a 6½-point favorite over Wisconsin. It seems that the pompon pukes got a little aggressive in the bookstore last week with a woman who didn't necessarily want her body plastered with Penn State stickers. Police are investigating the woman's allegation that she was struck by one of the Terminally Perky.

If only the football team was this overzealous. Quarterback Zack Mills seemingly has regressed (four turnovers last week vs. Central Florida). There's little big-time talent. Penn State has lost six consecutive road games. With games coming up against Minnesota, Purdue and Iowa, JoePa absolutely has to have this game. He won't get it.

I think he's wrong, Lions win this one 30-24.

WE ARE.......................

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
PENNN STATE!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Today, ESPN's college gameday is at Wisconsin for the matchup with Penn State.
I just watched them bash the team for 5 minutes. Teh team, and JoePa. They did bring up one point that may make me change my mind about if it's time for Joe to retire. It must be hurting the recruiting, since other coaches/schools can say to recrjuits "is Paterno going to be around in 4 years?"

It's sad to say, but maybe it is time for Joe to go. I'll still let it up to him, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, Wisconsin won.

It's kinda hard to win with your 3rd string QB playing 3 quarters.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah, Mills and Robinson both go down, what are they feeding them in Wisoncsin, anyway?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Real tough game this week for the Lions against the 9th-ranked Purdue Boilermakers.

It would be nice to see them pull off the upset. That Purdue QB, Orton I think his name is?, has been unbelievable this season. It'll be tough, but you never know. That's why the play the games.

:loudhorn: ~ GO PENN STATE !!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
PA, thanks for staying positive. Me, I'm feeling a bit negative right about now...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
17-13, 2 to go in th third....

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interception!!!!

the first thrown by Purdue's QB Orton this season!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
AGAIN!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And there's the 2nd INT !!!

Penn State in Purdue territory, down 17-13.

:loudhorn: ~ C'MON LIONS !!!!!

[Edited on 10-9-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They're looking confident now, boy!

Let's pull this one off!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
20-13 Purdue, 2:32 left.

Penn State with a huge kickoff return, they're at about the Boilermaker 37.

Need a big TD from Mills to tie!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another loss, but at least they hung in there and made a game of it. Against a top ranked team, to boot.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yeah, they fought hard and came up just short.

I'll tell ya though, that was extremely poor clock management that last minute. Why throw a 6 yard pass to the center of the field with no timeouts? An incomplete is better because the clock stops, you just cant trade 20 seconds for 6 yards in that situation. :smug:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Both of my favorite coaches, Joe and my namesake, are frustrating me with thier clock management this season...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Penn State lost to Iowa today at home, 6-4.

Ugly, just ugly.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Penn State lost to Iowa today at home, 6-4.

Ugly, just ugly.

Yeah, I was there, the game pretty much sucked. No offense whatsoever except Robinson. And the crowd scored the second safety for them.

The defense is great, played very well. If only we didn't have to give the ball to the offense.

D@mn, now I sound like Buddy Ryan...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nice to see Penn St put a whoopin' on Michigan St today! :party-smiley-018:

I hope this wasn't JoePa's last game, I'd like to see him back on the sidelines for at least another year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join