It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Miami to the ACC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
did i hear correctly, Miami want's to go to the ACC, or the ACC wants miami so they can have a sell out Miami, Florida state game every year? then the ACC would begin to resemble the SEC, where winning the conference title would mean something. instead of having one or two power house teams there would be several. if this is correct i think it's a great idea what are your thoughts?

[Edited on 5-16-2003 by aegis fang]

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I heard this also while watching "around the horn" or whatever that show is called on espn. I think its a good idea also.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I heard about this on ProSports, sounds like a good idea, certainly would breathe some life into the ACC.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Umm...FSU/Miami was a sellout when Miami was in the Big East...I dunno how but UM President Shalala said they were still losing money on their program even though they won the Big East consistently and made it to the national championship game a couple years in a row....I dont think it will affect their competitiveness in football, but hurricanes basketball could be a little hard to watch for the next few years

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If the University puts some money into the program, then basketball will become as big as football at Miami, the competition is there. It didn't work for Pen State, but then again the University never put that much into the program, so top prospects don't go there.

new topics

top topics

join