Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

College Sports: BCS

page: 1

join
Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
should the BCS (bowl championship series) change the system to see who are the two top teams competing for the National Championship?

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
definately need a playoff system. the BCS is completely corrupted and useless, not to mention you have to have a Ph.D in mathematics to understand how their points system works. i wouldn't be suprised if there really wasn't a points system and they just drew from a hat.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i agree with you aegis on the BCS in some part, but last season the BCS got it right and they put the two best teams in the National Championship. But the couple of seasons before that they didnt get it right. I would like to see a playoff system. But what would happen to all the other Bowl games?

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
the playoff system wouldn't be perfect, and i'm sure they got some smart people that could figure it out. i think they could have the 2 number 1 teams play. the 2 number 2 teams play and so on. one thing about college football fans is if your team is playing you're gonna watch them, so i don't think it would have a negative effect on anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i thought the only reason they have never had a playoff system is because they didnt want the players to play that many games

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have been in favor of a playoff system for years, probably never see it though.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
if there would be a playoff system, would it be like the men's college bball. But like Osobad said the reason the playoff system didnt go into effect cause the players would be tired, Football is a more physical sport than bball. If there was a tournament should cut it down a little, and winners of certain sections should be in certain bowls.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
How about a playoff system with the top 16 teams, that way the maximum games played would be 4. They could even go with the top 8 and play a max of 3 games.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
that sounds good to me, we need to start a petition

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yea that sounds pretty decent to me. But what would happen to all the other bowl games. I think that the NCAA would be relcutant to let them go with all the money they bring in.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm not too sure, but I think that if there was a playoff system college football would get better tv ratings?

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
They could do the 8 or 16 team playoff system and still have bowl games for the other top teams. I agree that the NCAA would be reluctant to drop them like Ben said because of all the revenue they bring in.

new topics

top topics

join