It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golf: To Drive, To Drive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Any big hitters on here, what's your average and longest drive?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ive played a couple of times, my average drive is 300 but my longest was around 330

TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well i havn't hit a ball on a full course in awhile, but it use to be well over 300 yrds. I shall be playing alot this summer...

Ben

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
well on tiger woods golf i can hit about 390 and an average of 330

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
you guys are amazing, my average is probably about 225. I haven't quite figured out the drivers yet, but i can hit the irons like nobodies business.

TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Aegis, as i said i havnt been on a course for awhile. I went over the driving range recently and just about managed 260yrds, so i got to get some practice in...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm the same aegis, my average is about 250, I hit an iron alot better. My game comes from the approach play and green work.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i would say my average driving lessons takes just under a hour of driving

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There's always one!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm heading to the links hortly, and it's windier than hack today, this should be interesting, it's the 3rd time in my life golfing...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
There's always one!

couldnt resist

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I'm heading to the links hortly, and it's windier than hack today, this should be interesting, it's the 3rd time in my life golfing...

How did you get on?

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok, new clubs should be on their way in the next week or so, then its a couple of stints over the driving range. Should be tackling the course in say 3 weeks time.

My bud Sir is comming with me....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

How did you get on?

The answer lies in how long it took me to get back to this thread...

I hit a 70 something.

In 9 holes.

Friggin cold, hard turf, wind, and frustration.

Oh yeah, and did I mention it was only the 3rd time I've golfed in my life. I think that the golf gods looked down upon me and said "Yeah, we got that guy. Now let's screw with his head!"

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i just got my new clubs the other day, they were custom made by my fathers brother in law (not sure what that makes him to me, nothing i guess) i havent' quite fingered them out yet, my game was terrible i shot a 52 on the front nine and 49 on the back, did i mention that this is a par 3 course? we've only had about 3 good days that it wasn't raining or wind blowing 30 mph, hopefully it gets better come june.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I've got a golf day coming up, hope the weather holds out.
Playing with some good guys, one shoots off of a 7, another a 12 and three off of 16. Guess who's coming last!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Drove my wife home from the pub once, about four miles, needed to use a stick on the hills

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Golf is a game of honesty and integrity. I am sorry but no one that has only played a couple of times can hit it 300 on a consistant basis. If you actually do, you need to either see your local pro and work on the rest of your game, because you may have a future in golf or do before mentioned and then find the nearest long drive competition. It is even hard to believe a guy who hasn't played very often can RIP one 300 yards, but it is possible.

I have played since I was 6 years old and have been a student of the game since. I worked with a swing coach from the time I was 12 and seen some great results. I was on a very good golf team in HS and later passed my "playing ability test". This is a test any prospective PGA of America teaching professional has to pass in order to continue in the PGA of America program. It is not Q-school (which most people think I am talking about when I tell them) and the standards are much lower than that. I had to shoot 154 for 36 holes in one day. The course was set up beautifully (pins in the center of greens, only played about 6800 yards, the weather wasn't the best though, 50 degrees rainy and breezy) and I shot 145, 72-73.

With that said, I will tell you I average around 280 and if I really get on one I can get 300-310 out of it. Those numbers are not wind aided and I have hit one over 350 with a 20-25 MPH wind at my back, and I hit it perfect with a draw.

The longest hitters on Tour average 320-330, and the average player on Tour doesn't even average 300. TeflonDon has the right idea for anyone who wants to know. Have you all heard "drive for show putt for dough." It is a very old cliche but very true. If you can improve from 100 yards in you will see your scores improve greatly. The game of golf has come quite a ways since the begining of the "Tiger Era" and has become more mainstream than ever. It is great to see and hope you all continue to play, it's a great game that you can play for your entire life. (I know an 88 year old man who every now and then can shoot his age!!!!! and he plays EVERYDAY)

TRD

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
As i said previous, i have hit it over 300 yrds on quite a few occasions but now can only manage 240-260 at best sometimes less. It may be that i havnt played in a long while as we used to go every week, once or twice and a Saturday morning over the range. I did have a car accident and had to adjust my swing as i damaged my shoulder. I couldn't get the club all the way back, so its like learning all over again.

My friend said to have a digi cam behind you when in one of the stalls at the driving range and then replay to see you action and things you may be doing wrong. I must say it does help as when i first went to the range after the accident i was only getting 180yrds and if it went any furthur i was hooking it like mad. I think frustration had set in aswell as i knew i could do it and things just wasnt going right

I will be getting them new clubs next weekend. I did a deal with a member on here Sir, who is my old buddy. He has purchased new clubs and i'm buying his old ones which are nearly brand new, he has only used them a few times and basically they are costing me next to nothing. I have been using them over the range for quite some time now, so i'm used to using them.

My buddy is like you iaclonz, he has been playing ever since we was kids. He has been in a society for many years and he shoots consistantly between 78-85 on the lynx courses, sometimes better as he is going all the time now.

I think where it lets alot of people down is on the green. Unless you are exceptional, on a par 4 your looking at 2 shots to the green and as long as the second lays up well you should make a par. I have seen alot of people hit great shots to the green only to 4 putt.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
uh oh....sounds like some people here know a lot about golf, i could be in big trouble in the fantasy league

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join