It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golf: Golf: Masters this weekend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Masters at Augusta starts this Thursday, who do you think will win this year? Do you think Tiger will three-peat? I hope he doesn't, I'd like to see someone else win it this year. I am pulling for Phil Mickelson, he always comes so close but has still never won a major. David Duval always seems to play well at Augusta also, but I'm picking Mickelson.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think that Tiger will win again, now and days all it seems like is Tiger competing agaisnt himself and the Golf course, sure a couple of people will come up and grab some titles here and there but who and seriously compete with Tiger?

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Looking forward to it,I quite fancy Ernie Els to win he is a solid and consistant player but it is going to be tough.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ernie Els would be able to pull of a win, he has been playing very solid golf, i remember him winning some tournaments already.
What has happened to Sergio lately, its seems like his golfing play has gone down as of late.

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes sometimes Sergio flatters to decieve he tends to play a wayward one off the tee at crucial points,but when he gets his game together he can be superb.Obviously Tiger will be the favourite going for the three timer,but it might put some added pressure on him to win.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The Masters got rained out today unfortunately, I wonder if they cancel the first round or if they make it up on Monday.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i dont think that they would cancel the first round because of the whole cut system. It will be made up and the tournament will just run a little longer than usual.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
With Augusta being this weekend there has been more conflict than ever, people have been saying that women should be able to be members at the clubs but the owners of the club wont move a muscle about their stance.
What is everybody's opinon on this.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I just heard that they will play 36 holes on Friday, thats a long day of golf. That might be advantageous to the younger guys, but we'll see. I hope Mickleson plays well.

TRD

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Been watching the Golf the europoen's seem to doing well so far early day's yet. The Tiger is not firing yet!

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Mickleson is third at -2 halfway through the second round.!

TRD

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Mickleson seems to be playing well,early day's yet!

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Phil seems to be playing very well, as he finish -1 for the day, but what happened to Tiger he was 4 under at one time, but he finished the day at +2.

TRD

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sounds like the Roar is just a Purr at the moment.........

TRD

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Been watching today the greens look they are on the slow side as alot of putts are comming up short..

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah, the greens do look slow from all of the rain. I have heard of this Weir guy, but I'm surprised how well he is playing, last I saw he was leading the whole field by six strokes.

The NHL playoffs are on, I only see the golf during commercials!!

TRD

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He's leading by 3 strokes now..

I've just switched over for the English Premier League Football highlights..

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
After three rounds the green jacket could go to many different golfers. The field is pretty close, I cant believe the comeback Tiger Woods made to get back in the hunt. He was in danger of missing the cut after an awful first round and an average second round. After starting the third round 11 strokes back, he shot a 66 and is now just four shots out of the lead. He is tied with Phil Mickelson at -1 and the leader is Jeff Maggert at -5.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Now you cant tell me that Tiger is amazing, everybody thought that he was out and then all of a sudden he is 4 strokes back of the lead. Its not longer a purr..... its a roar.

TRD

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It look's like he is back in the hunt it would be a great comeback if he can do it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join