It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: Golf is NOT a sport!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks golf is about as much a sport as pool please spill your verbal tounge and back me up. Don't get me wrong it isn't a simple gameGAME< That is just what it is a NON- sporting game that gets way to much coverage due to the cheeseburger eating cigar smoking exec''s who can't get thier heart rate above 70bpm. Now you wanna put a KY Jelly pit and a couple strippers on each hole that have to strip down if you par and so then maybe we can talk...Fact is golf is about as much sport as WWE...At lest those guys have to take roids to be what they are when is the last time you seen a roided out Golfer?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
By definition golf IS a sport.

sport (n): 1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good comeback, crayon, this topic was sort of covered before:

What is a sport? Thread LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Golf is not a sport, it's a talent. Along with pool and bowling.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by timmyespo3
Golf is not a sport, it's a talent. Along with pool and bowling.

Golf is a sport and the absolute toughest I've ever tried to play.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I will agree most of the time golf is boring to watch on TV. Playing it is completely different. Though I am going to spend a good part of my Saturday watching the US Open in HD.

And how in the world can anybody say golf is boring, and then compare it to baseball? Especially on TV. Its all freaking commercials. The batters take a pitch, wander around for 30 seconds, then get in the box, the pitcher does the same thing, and then there might be something happening. Opps, another ball....

At least with golf they continuously show players taking shots and trying to put the ball in the hole.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
rey totaly kicked but at the royal rumble!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
hey!your right golf is a boring sport

new topics

top topics

join