It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: UFC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anybody Like to watch the UFC??? I enjoy it...until boxing gets rid of Don King and gets its luster back UFC is my favorite fights. Rich Franklin and George St. Pierre are my Favorite fighters. How about anyone else???

Last Night kicked off the new season of the reality show The Ultimate Fighter. These guys look and act like a bunch of whimps compared to last season.

Any thoughts?? I figured to try this topic to see if anyone wants to talk sports.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I forgot to add...Anyone who really follows this will know what I am talking about...Matt Linland the supposidly #1 contender in the Middle weight me be fired from the UFC. Some sort of sports betting deal.

I could personally care less. He was probably the most boring fighter to watch.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't personally watch UFC but I do rent the occasional DVD. the last match I watched was tito sanchez vs some other dude and they lasted the wholr 5 rounds. I think It was called vendetta or something.:party-smiley-018:

[Edited on 8/25/05 by tombstoner]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Vendetta...that was a great fight night UFC 40. Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, Matt Hughes and Andrei Arlovski. All fun and explosive fighters to watch. Check out the Andrei Arlovski...He is one crazy looking dude.

Imagine pissing him off at a bar

[Edited on 8/26/05 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Since eveeryone is boring and doesn't like to comment I guess I will talk to myself.

We know how I feel about the UFC looking at my other Posts. That is Until a Don King Corupts the sport. For now it is pure. But I do not believe they are the best fighters in the world. If you take a Roy Jones Jr. and throw him into the ring with Chuck Liddell. Say goodnight Chuck. A top professional boxers hands are just to fast with more power. You watch Liddell fight and the Roy Jones Jr. fight and you will notice a huge difference in punch speed and power. PLUS you think Liddell could actually knock him out inside three rounds. I doubt it.

Throw Mike Tyson in there at 205ibs with Randy Coutre. I can see it now, Couture goes for the take down and BAMMMM....Tyson lays out couture with a devistating uppercut. Couture's face would be caved in.

If UFC guys are better fighters then why aren't more of them making the BIG bucks boxing? Or why havn't I seen established pro boxers fighting in the UFC? The only boxers in the UFC are Amerature or were terrible pros.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Does anyone watch TUF on spike TV at 11:05pm eastern time. If so what do you think of this season compared to last.

TRD

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
Vendetta...that was a great fight night UFC 40. Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, Matt Hughes and Andrei Arlovski. All fun and explosive fighters to watch. Check out the Andrei Arlovski...He is one crazy looking dude.

I have been watching a bit of this in the last few months and i must say i have got a bit hooked. I don't know all the names and who is good or not, but i reconise the names you said.

What you said in another post about them not making it in boxing, well i agree with that. Ken Shamrock didn't exactly make it huge in wrestling either.

What did you think about the show on TV they had where the winner got a contract in the UFC? I think after the last two fought they both actually got a contract, i can't remember the name of the show though..

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What did you think about the show on TV they had where the winner got a contract in the UFC? I think after the last two fought they both actually got a contract, i can't remember the name of the show though..

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER...is the name of the show. It is addicting. I never used to be into the UFC until this past winter when the original TUF was on. It is a fighting show and they get the best fighters in MMA to fight for a chance at a 3 year 6 figure contract with the UFC. Very, Very similar to the contender except it was on before the contender and it is on to its second season. And different kind of fighting. Every week two guys fight and the loser goes home. Last season they passed out contracts to Forest Griffin and Diego Sanchez. Then if you watch the actual UFC you notice they handed out 5 other contracts which was cool because some of the fights were really close.

When you think of MMA or UFC you may think Bar room brawl. That is what I used to think before I started watching. There is a great deal of technique involved in this. And most of the the guys have a brain on their head. A majority have graduated from college. If you go to the UFC home page and look at Chuck Liddell who is the Light Heavy Weight Champ he has a degree in accounting. And then Rich Franklin the middle weight champ has a degree in mathematics and a masters in Education. Franklin still does some teaching in Cincy.

TRD

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER... That was the one, Forest Griffin actually looked pretty good. I tend to like when they square up to each other rather than the grappling on the floor. But when them elbows come smashing in... ouch that must hurt. I get kinda right into it and want to see someone get knocked the f*ck out everytime and get a bit disappointed when it doesn't happen lol!

They show the UFC on sky tv over here in the UK, it's usually on the 'Bravo' channel every night.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
TRD,

IF you ever get a chance then and you want to see someone get Knocked the F out then watch for when Chuck Liddel, Forest Griffen, Phil Baroni and Andrei Arlovski Fight. Also, a big puncher but mostly just brute strength fighter to watch is Matt Hughes. He is one of my favorites. His signature move is to pick the guy up on his shoulder and dropping them with his shoulder digging into their ribs. Who knows how many broken ribs he has delivered. If they say A guy is a great grappler then he will be boring to watch. Have you been watching this year TUF 2?

TRD

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sadly the last few weeks i have been real busy and havn't watched much TV, so i have missed a few. It's what 9.40 pm over here in the UK and i've only just this second sat down, been on the go since 7am this morning.

Matt Hughes, i have seen him fight he is a good striker, didn't he win a title recently?

And what is TUF 2? Remember im a UFC novice lol!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hughes defended his title in the spring against Frank Trigg. Trigg was a great fighter but after his most recent loss probably won't be back in the UFC for a while. Georges St. Pierre and Sean Shrek are fighting in the next UFC pay pre view Nov 19. It will be a sweet fight and the winner takes on Hughes for the title. Oct 3 UFC is having an event on regular TV and I saw the fight card. Looks like a good one. I will find the link and post it.

TUF 2 is "The Ultimate Fighter 2" Second season to the one Forest fought in. It is Heavyweights and Welterweights. Its ok...These guys seem to be dropping out like flies because of injuries. Matt Hughes and Rick Franklin are the Coaches.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would watch it but the only show with a resemblance is the wwe. I have to rent it all on DVD. whitch is alright but my choices are limited :party-smiley-018:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OHHHHHHHHH I don't like it when WWE and UFC are thrown in the same catagory

TRD

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
WWE is pure comedy and entertainment..

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.insidefighting.com...

This link talks about some of the upcoming fights. this should be a good winter for MMA. I am glad that the fights are beginning to be on regular TV instead of Pay Pre View. I hate that crap. Also, at 9pm eastern time in U.S. they are going to show Pride fights. I forget what channel. It may be FSN. Pride is pretty cool. They are huge in Asia. Some argue that Pride Fighters are better than UFC.

Pride

UFC

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Anyone wathc Pride last night on FSN. It was awsome!!! I thought I was going to see a broken arm. I had to turn away. This guy had his opponent in an armbar and he was cranking it hard. The other guy thought he could take it(Idiot). He stayed in it for over 30 seconds. He could see it slowly hyperextending and then getting to that breaking point. AHHHHHHHHHHH....I can just picture the arm bending like a rubberband.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well monday night was a disappointing episode of TUF. Two Heavyweights fought. And the phrase the bigger they are the harder they fall did not apply. It was more the bigger they are the more the stand and hold each other. There were a few punches but my God my time would have been better spent watching grass grow.

Oh before I forget in this show the fighters are split into two teams. Each week they do a challenge/Competition and the winning team decides which two fighters will fight. This weeks challenge was for the heavy weights. Three guys from each team went. Each guy wore tube sox's and for a team to win they had to pull all the sox off the opposing team(They say its a wrestling drill). It looked like the biggest bunch of grabass I have ever seen. One guy even tried tickling the other guys foot. The most gay event I have ever seen.

Next week they say it will be the most violent and bloody fight. I could get into a pillow fight with my girlfriend and it would be more exciting than this past weeks fight. So they better not be pulling my leg.

Here is a link to "The Ultimate Fighter2"

TUF2

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is horrifying. It is an MMA event. if you have a weak stomach don't watch.

www.filecabi.net...

makes me want to drink milk...makes bones stronger

[Edited on 9/26/05 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've gotten hooked on the UFC. Last weekend's Nick Diaz/Diego Sanchez fight was a war. The heavyweight matchup was pretty good, too.

The UFC's good because it hasn't yet been corrupted by the big bucks. Enjoy it while you can. If it gets popular, it'll be ruined.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join