It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: Jennie Finch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
She's gorgeous and likes sports -- for most men, Jennie's already too good to be true. But we like her drive, modesty and sense of fair play -- and yes, we also like the fact that she's gorgeous and likes sports.

Considered by many as the best softball pitcher in the world, Jennie has won championship after championship, set records, and is poised to bring women's softball into the national spotlight. She appears on This Week in Baseball, where she consistently proves that she is a match for any Major League Baseball player.

Jennie Finch was born on September 3, 1980, in La Mirada, California. The daughter of Doug and Bev Finch, she has two brothers, Shane and Landon, who are both married.

Jennie played a variety of sports from a young age, but her focus was on softball. By age 12, she was already playing competitively at the national level. In 1992, her team, the California Cruisers, finished fourth in the American Softball Association 12-and-under National Championship; in 1993, the Cruisers won the ASA Championship. Jennie and her teammates repeated their victory in 1995, in the under-14 category.

Attending La Mirada High School in the mid-'90s, Jennie took her athletic achievement to new heights. She excelled not only in softball -- where she played pitcher, first baseman and shortstop -- but volleyball and basketball too, earning multiple school letters in all three sports. In 1997, she was captain of her volleyball team, and in 1998, her senior year, she was team captain in volleyball, basketball and softball.

Jennie's softball team won their league championship every year she played with them, and she was named MVP in 1997 and 1998. Thanks to these achievements, Jennie was named her school's Female Athlete of the Year and Athletics Director's Female Athlete of the Year for 1998. Her high school career record was 50 wins, 12 losses, with six perfect games, 13 no-hitters, a 0.15 ERA and 784 strikeouts.

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Jump magazine picked Jennie as its number one high school recruit in 1998, and she moved on to justify that praise in college. Majoring in communications at the University of Arizona, she helped her team reach the NCAA Women's College World Series from 1999-2002.

In 2001, she had an incredible year: after winning the NCAA World Series, she was named its most outstanding player. At the same time, she won the ASA Major National Championship with the Phoenix Storm. At 32-0, Jennie set an NCAA record for most wins in a season without a defeat. In 2001 and 2002, she won the prestigious Honda Award for the nation's best softball player, and she finished her college career holding the NCAA record for most consecutive wins, with 60.

A member of Team USA since 2001, Jennie has cemented her position as one of the world's best. In October 2002, she was signed on as the first female correspondent on the long-running show This Week in Baseball. Her segment, "Pitch, Hit, and Run with Jennie Finch," features Jennie illustrating ballpark fundamentals with a different Major League Baseball player every week.

As an added attraction, the MLB stars go against Jennie and her 70 mph riseball. Pitched from a regulation 43 feet, most strike out. One, Seattle Mariner Mike Cameron, declared "there's no way a girl could hit this," while when it was Texas Ranger Alex Rodriguez's turn, he only watched. But he pledged to have a real at-bat against Jennie if she wins a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics; looks like that'll have to schedule that some time soon, as Jennie and Team USA won a gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Meanwhile, Jennie's already found her favorite baseball player: Arizona Diamondbacks minor leaguer Casey Daigle, whom she's engaged to.

Ask Men.com

What else do you need to know?

[Edited on 5/10/04 by TRD]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
aahhhhh...a new jennie thread to brighten the day...did arod ever go to bat against her as he said he would or wasn't there enough money in it for him?

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes we can't have a board without a Jennie thread as the last one got deleted eh Ben?

You know i don't think A-Rod did...

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Jennie's accomplishments in women's softball are impressive. Over the years, she's led her teams to championships at the college, national and international levels. She's been named MVP in high school and university multiple times, and set NCAA records for most wins in a season without a defeat, and most consecutive wins. Jennie has now also become the first-ever female correspondent for the long-running series, This Week in Baseball.

Jennie's astounding success and TV appearances have led to a high profile for the young star. Her This Week in Baseball segments are raising the profile of women's softball, putting her among other female sports pioneers such as Annika Sorenstam and Mia Hamm. Certainly, her teammates agree. Laura Berg, a Team USA veteran, says, "She's helping the sport, how can you be jealous of that? And she deserves the attention."

And all eyes were on Jennie at the 2004 Summer Olympics, when she pitched Team USA all the way to a gold medal.

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
yea i had noticed that many things got deleted thanks ben

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ah, the Jennie thread is back!

She's how i found this place, ya know...

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Ah, the Jennie thread is back!

She's how i found this place, ya know...

Ahh so now we know...

Yep the new Jennie thread is going to be bigger and better than ever and its great to know people out there are seeing our stuff...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Here's a link to Jennie's official site

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
did arod ever go to bat against her as he said he would or wasn't there enough money in it for him?

Maybe this was it?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Where is his hand?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Nothing was mentioned about her birthday in this thread!
3rd September remember the day.....

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Where is his hand?

Where would yours be?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Nothing was mentioned about her birthday in this thread!
3rd September remember the day.....

We need to throw her a birthday party on Sportz every year...

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Date: December 20, 2004
Time: 11:11 PM

WOW!!! I had a big press conference at the White Sox Stadium in Chicago to announce my signing with the Chicago Bandits and the National Professional Fastpitch League. It was a special day as I was presented my #27 Bandits Jersey by Bill Conroy!!! Head Coach Eugene Lenti was also present and shared in the excitement, he is the head coach of DePaul University. There was quite a bit of press there and lots of softball players. The softball players showing up really made my day and made it extra special. I am truly living my dream, a Professional Softball player.

I am so excited that there will be more than the 18 USA National Team Members that have a chance to play ball after college!!! I am really excited about playing in Chicago, what an incredible historical sports town!

Source: Jennie's journal

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Date: February 1, 2005
Time: 9:24 AM

Hello-
Goodness, its been a while. Sorry for the wait! It has been an exciting New Year, to say the least. What an amazing January. Our wedding was absolutely incredible, everything I've ever dreamed of and more. It was so much fun being with family and friends preparing for our Big Day. Our only wish is to hang out with loved ones more. It was so fun bringing our Louisiana family out to California and experiencing the Wild West.

Our honeymoon was awesome, the French Polynesian is truly unexplainable. The water was colors we have never seen or knew existed! We stayed in over the water bungalows and snorkeled almost every night. We went to a Polynesian Village and enjoyed the food and dancing. We even swam with sharks, 9 foot Lemon Sharks and 7 foot Black Tip Sharks! Casey even held a Stingray. It was so fun...we would throw bread off our lil' dock and fish in every color would come and get it. It was an escape from the craziness that our lives had been in the year prior.

Source: Jennie's journal

<<   2  3  4 >>

join