It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: USA drug stance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge has commended the United States on their ``courageous'' stance against drugs but warns they should not forget their chequered past.

Earlier this year, the International Association of Athletic Federation's (IAAF) confirmed that traces of THG were found in samples given by some American athletes who have so far not been identified, although Rogge is hopeful of resolving this issue by February of next year.

**Several baseball and gridiron stars are also under suspicion and face long bans from the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) if found guilty.**

Ben

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
lately there are more and more drugs coming out that enhances the performance of players performance and it can even go untraceable in drug testest. technology is becoming big now and days.

TRD

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes the drugs are becomming more sophisticated but it seems at the moment they are having a blitz on all sports worldwide with more and more people getting caught..

Sir

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yes there is a massive crackdown on all areas of sport at the moment and i don't think it will stop.

Ben

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
its going to get more serious...but it is better that way also...these players are getting paid top dollar to perform for the fans...and on steriods on other illegal enhancers it ruins a challenge for some players. People think they need to use drugs to be good but good old-fashio hard work always pays off

TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good point Ben but i think as the competition and expectations is so high they wan't to perform well and be the best at thier sport,not that i cordone taking banned substances but it must be tough..

new topics

top topics

join