It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: Kentucky Derby - Scandal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"The jockey who won the Kentucky Derby aboard Funny Cide is being investigated by track stewards who examined a photo of him possibly holding something besides his whip as he crossed the finish line."

"Kentucky Racing Commission rules do not prohibit a jockey from holding an object besides his whip, other than those specifically prohibited, such as an electrical device that might make the horse run faster."

espn.go.com...

Its hard to tell from the photo in the article if he's holding anything else, I dont even know what those buzzers look like. What does it look like to you?

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Horse racing has become so corrupt over the last fews years,you have to be lucky now to pick the one they "want" to win...

I have heard of these devises before they let out a high pitch noise which scares the horse to run faster..That's what it looks like to me and i wouldn't be surprised if it was one..With the prize money so high for the derby over a Million i suppose you would do it wouldn't you!!

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think they were trying to say that this device was a buzzer that "shocked" the horse.

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Same sort of thing PA whatever it is they are guilty,i must say that i would do it what with the amounts of money at stake..I don't know who wouldn't..

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"Three jockeys who rode in the Kentucky Derby with Jose Santos defended their embattled colleague Sunday, saying they never saw anything suspicious in his hands during his victorious ride aboard Funny Cide,"

espn.go.com...

Ben

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't really know how they woudl tell if the Jockey did have something that was battery powered in his hand. Unless they found the jockeying stick that he used I don't see any other way of how they can tell.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There was nothing to the photo finish, after all. There was nothing in jockey Jose Santos' right hand but a whip.

Questions about his winning ride in the Kentucky Derby were answered Monday when Churchill Downs stewards determined Santos had not broken the rules, ending a controversy that threatened to tarnish thoroughbred racing's premier event.

espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They would sat that wouldn't they.!

It don't look like a strap to me,but i suppose if the want to push it under the carpet then that's fine..

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
It don't look like a strap to me,but i suppose if the want to push it under the carpet then that's fine..

I think that's excactly what happened, got swept under the carpet. Money talks!!

Ben

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It was reported on ESPN that the horse jockey was cleared off all the charges. It turned out that he was using a legal whip. He is going to race in this weekends race.

new topics

top topics

join