It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: A truth for Amelie Mauresmo withdraw the match from semi-final to final at FED Cup 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
[SIZE=3]Injured Mauresmo to miss FedCup finals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]November 17, 2004[/SIZE]

France's Amelie Mauresmo has pulled out of next week's FedCup tennis finals in Moscow with a groin injury.

France, Spain, Russia and Austria have qualified for the finals.

"It's hard to turn down a call-up for the national side but if I want to start 2005 in the best condition then it's the only way," said the world No.2 who has been carrying the injury for most of the season.

Mauresmo, who rose to world No.1 for five weeks this year, has set her sights on winning a Grand Slam.

Mauresmo was keen to be fit for the Australian Open in January, having reached the final as a 19-year-old in 1999.

She was on target to reach this year's final when she pulled out after her fourth round win over Australia's Alicia Molik with a back injury.

AFP

Related article

I don't know she withdraw this match because she originally has an injury!!

I misunderstanding her!!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you noticed, but that article is from 2004! It is now 2006, and Amelie Mauresmo is in good health. She won the Australian Open this year, her first Grand Slam title. Also, the woman on your post is not Mauresmo, but Mary Pierce of France.

join