It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Does this strike anyone else as odd -

Money from drug companies goes to the FDA so they can hire employees and researchers. To me that's like when OJ Simpson said he was going to "find the real killers", or terrorists keeping tabs on other terrorists. A complete crock of #.

The drugs we take are approved by a research facility that is funded by the manufactures of the drugs we take.

[Edited on 11/29/2003 by JuanBond]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It does suck, but I doubt the American government is willing to dish out the funds to monitor them closely and publicly.
Many companies around the globe are required to "police" themselves, it seems to work most of the time.
Just rest assured that they have to make something like a bi-annual report to show that they are keeping tabs on themselves properly.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck
It does suck, but I doubt the American government is willing to dish out the funds to monitor them closely and publicly.
Many companies around the globe are required to "police" themselves, it seems to work most of the time.
Just rest assured that they have to make something like a bi-annual report to show that they are keeping tabs on themselves properly.

Yes, and just like the Police, I'm sure there is a "Blue Wall" that exists. And I don't think it's a matter of the American government wanting to dish out the funding, it just can't. .

It's got 166.5 BILLION dollars bugeted toward Iraq.

Although I hope there are enough "good guys" working for the FDA to keep it in check correctly.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ok , I will once again take the minority stance here.

Without the FDA anyone, company could create drugs that "supposedly" cure us.
In reality they could kill us without ever being tested.

The point that we have professionals who are experts in their field experimenting these products before the public takes them, makes me feel a whole helluva lot better.

Would you rather have Bankers test new drugs?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Ok , I will once again take the minority stance here.

Without the FDA anyone, company could create drugs that "supposedly" cure us.
In reality they could kill us without ever being tested.

The point that we have professionals who are experts in their field experimenting these products before the public takes them, makes me feel a whole helluva lot better.

Would you rather have Bankers test new drugs?

I agree that the FDA is a good thing. No I don't want my banker testing my drugs, I know he wants to kill me
. It's the funding that bothers me. There's nothing stopping the FDA to rush the testing on a drug so they can recive more funding to stay afloat. This has got to happen every now and then. It takes a lot of money to hire these professionals.

join