It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Best Tennis Players Of All Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainMan
other female players realized how much they would have to up their game in order to compete with the Williams sisters.

I call that the Tiger Woods syndrome...

[Edited on 3/13/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If one day I come to have a daughter, I would never pressure her into being a professional sportswoman, but I would; if you know what I mean..

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Although i don't like the Williams Sisters they are great tennis players. The decline in their play has alot to do with the bad injuries they have picked up. Even playing with slight injuries, maybe due to pressure in playing saw a dip in form aswell. Serena has turned out to be the better of the two and she should bounce back and get real competitive again but i'm not so sure about Venus making it to the top again..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think that whether or not you personally appreciate the Williams sisters, they have certainly managed to raise the bar for the Women's game.

Women are hitting harder, playing smarter, and service, which was once thought of as only significant in the Men's division, has become a pre-requisite for success.

The end result of greater entertainment means, that should neither Serena or Venus ever make it back to full par, their place in tennis history is guaranteed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join