It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Aussie Open - Fed Express sinks Agassi!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Roger Federer confirmed his aura of invincibility by brushing aside Andre Agassi to reach the semi-finals of the Australian Open.

The Swiss star produced another masterclass in Melbourne - particularly with his serve which he did not drop once - as he swept to a 6-3 6-4 6-4 victory, his 26th consecutive win. Federer was never headed in a set never mind the match as he progressed to a meeting with Marat Safin, a repeat of last year's final.

Sportinglife

Sir

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Federer looked good out there and the way he is playing the title looks like it is going his way.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah, it's probably his for the taking.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a repeat of the final too, wonder if it will be the same result.

i think this guy will do it, seems to be doing really good

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I just want to comment on Andre's approach to beating Roger. It was flawed from the beginning. If you just hit to Roger's backhand you are limiting yourself to just playing half the court, while Roger still has the whole court to play. Andre's dominate stroke is his forehand, which he will force more errors with than his backhand. In order to beat The FED you have to come out with all guns banging, play your shots and be prepared to see alot of your usual winning shots come back. You can't say, "I'll make him beat me with his backhand". Because you limit yourself to playing half court tennis against one of the most talented player ever, whom has the whole court.

TRD

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Welcome Leo.

Thing is what has happened to Federer? What has happened to him in the last 2 yrs? Since he turned pro in 98' he couldn't get past the 4th round in a slam event. And since his win at Wimbledon in 2003, he hasn't looked back.

top topics

join