It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian vs. USA Tech

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Vietnam..

And the whole Nam thing forced so many changes to your system and to your lifestyle..

And you didnt fell?

*edit*

Btw,

Laxpla..

i just added your ignorant a$$ to my ignore list..

You have the honor to be first.. FIRST EVER ON MY IGNORE..

Man you are stupid..

Good thing is that i cant even see you no more..

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Russia / USSR did not lose 56000 KIA to 3rd world nation..

in ten years..

They lost only 13000..

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
did we lose? No, Did we fall down under rule?No, Did we lose the cold war? No.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

Originally posted by Maverick

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Don't be so sure Maverick. I feel in my heart (Through track record and facts) that the U.S. is the most powerful..but whats to stop them from saying that Russia isn't the most powerful? It is kinda like football.. "Any given Sunday, any country can win a war" Well no..but that was a nice try at a simile
(I think.)
-wD

Ok, name one country besides the U.S that has 10 super carriers. Or, why dont you name a country that has just 1 carrier, that is even close to the size of a singal U.S carrier.

maverik... a 2 billion carrier can be easely destroyed by sea skimming missiles like the yakhont or the sunburn on a fishing boat, think of all the equipment/men/aircraft that would be lost
, carriers are just too expensive and easy to destroy, russias Oscar II has 24 SS_N-19's for example, it can singlehandedly "wreck" havoc on an entire US CVBG

That's what the phalanx gun and sea sparrow are for.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Time to play madden online, peace dude
You cant afford it, ur countys POOR

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
France, UK, Russia, Spain, Brazil, Italy and India..

Have carriers..

Russia, UK, France and India have more than 1..

Btw,

US only has all those carries because:

You are trying to take over the world.

And that is nothing to be proud about..

I would be shamed..

Your worse than nazis!

Come on , those carriers are nothing compared to the U.S carriers

And yes we are trying to take over the world

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Russia / USSR did not lose 56000 KIA to 3rd world nation..

in ten years..

They lost only 13000..

Vietnam was a political war, everytime we would advance we would be pulled back. It was a joke,........

also , that number is BULL# , they lost 2 million(if you were refering to vietnamese deaths)

[Edited on 12/2/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just to clear the air, Webdevil you misquoted back on page 11 or 12. Russian said what you quoted, not me.

Look, its very simple. Russia lost the Cold War because the USA spent more money and Russia couldnt keep up. The reason Russia couldnt keep up is because the whole world was against Communism at the time. If the whole world wont sell you food, clothes, cars, oil, ect. theres no way a country can survive in the Global Economy.

If you look at it, the USA is getting into the same problem that Russia has. The world is starting to look at us differently than before. Also, if you remember the USA and Russia fought side by side in both world wars.

The main problem with the posters on both sides of this debate is no one is consistant. On one hand Russian and his peeps want to trash the US than say how good there country in comparison. Than, when the US side defends itself the Russians than get there cocky attitude again. example: "Im putting you on my ignore list." Grow the F up already.

Anyway, both countrys suck when it comes down to it, both countrys could give a # about any of us, and both countrys are screwing the whole world by there obsession with spreading there particular beliefs on everyone else. How bout this USA and Russia, do whats right for the people for once.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Just to clear the air, Webdevil you misquoted back on page 11 or 12. Russian said what you quoted, not me.

Look, its very simple. Russia lost the Cold War because the USA spent more money and Russia couldnt keep up. The reason Russia couldnt keep up is because the whole world was against Communism at the time. If the whole world wont sell you food, clothes, cars, oil, ect. theres no way a country can survive in the Global Economy.

If you look at it, the USA is getting into the same problem that Russia has. The world is starting to look at us differently than before. Also, if you remember the USA and Russia fought side by side in both world wars.

The main problem with the posters on both sides of this debate is no one is consistant. On one hand Russian and his peeps want to trash the US than say how good there country in comparison. Than, when the US side defends itself the Russians than get there cocky attitude again. example: "Im putting you on my ignore list." Grow the F up already.

Anyway, both countrys suck when it comes down to it, both countrys could give a # about any of us, and both countrys are screwing the whole world by there obsession with spreading there particular beliefs on everyone else. How bout this USA and Russia, do whats right for the people for once.

Explain to me what the U.S is doing that is not right for the people.................

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No. 1 - Slave Reperations (also called segregation)

Lasted up until late sixtys. Took way too long for our country to be educated about Race.

No. 2 - Obove ground Nuke testing

Guarantee were still getting cancer and # from this stuff.

No. 3 - NAFTA

We used to have the most cleanest food supply the Globe has ever seen. NOW LOOK!!!!! Dumbasses.

No. 4 - Secretly (or not secretly) dealing with terrorists, than changing our minds, than taking over there country or stabbing them in the back. Not right no matter how you look at it.

No. 5 - The Almighty Dollor

Whats more important to most people in this country. Thats right Money. Too much greed.

I could go on forever. Im not saying I dont like the Land I Live On and opportunitys I have here but you can get that in most countrys. You basicaly always have the right, no matter where you live, to try and achieve what you want in life. Its only Governments that try and stand in your way.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
OK people enough with the political crap. Read the thread title. Russian vs. USA TECH!!!!!, as in technology. Lets get back to the purpose of this thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A couple things to add.

FULCRUM, with all due respect, as I respect your view and you are one helluva poster, but!

Racist remarks are definately not tolerable! Whites, blacks, hispanics, pacific islanders, you name it. Well, obviously they have more courage than you to actually stand up for what they believe for. If you are such a proud Russian, join there Army.

Face it, Russia did fall to Afghanistan? Why? Because the U.S. Helped them DEFEAT Russia.

(No offense intended, just pointing out my views)

-wD

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Pointing out that:

Poor people are doing the rich peoples dirty jobs in US..

Poor people are lied to and fed with loads of propaganda by the rich.. in USA..

Poor people are kept stupid by the rich.. in US.. as poor people dont get any real education or info.. just crap is fed to them..

and also USSR falled because of criminal Yeltsin..

Not because of US or Mujahediin..

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Fulcrum

You too have learnt to talk out both sides of your a -hole.
(I downloaded your little video in your sig)

Can you sit there and deny that the same exact # goes on in your own country and not counting the last 8-10 years, your country has been the worst at trying to take over the world with there beliefs on how everyones life should be ran?? You cant deny it.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Fulcrum

You too have learnt to talk out both sides of your a -hole.
(I downloaded your little video in your sig)

Can you sit there and deny that the same exact # goes on in your own country and not counting the last 8-10 years, your country has been the worst at trying to take over the world with there beliefs on how everyones life should be ran?? You cant deny it.

Facts:

My country!!!

So, what was that?

What about my country?

Besides beign nice and secure place where everybody are happy..

There are no real problems here..

Well..

Theres one..

As some a-holes try to make us join NATO..

But that will not never happen..

If anything else fails i will do something radical about it by myself..

And btw,

Back to Russia/USSR:

They never had OFFENSIVE ARMED FORCES!!!

No 15-100 Carries.. (15 current, 100+ at the end of ww2..)

No shyte loads of landing crafts.. NO 500 000 man MARINES WHOS ONLY PURPOSE IS TO INVADE OTHER OVER SEAS NATIONS BY Amphibious Assault!!

US had that..

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
lol. I guess Finland wouldnt be trying to shove there influence on the whole world. Sorry about the "your country" references.

I was talking about Russia. Why are you defending that country so much.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   

lol. I guess Finland wouldnt be trying to shove there influence on the whole world. Sorry about the "your country" references.

I am not defending them..

I just tell the facts..

Russians never have been like USA..
(Trying to take over the world..)

and their weapons REALLY ARE THAT MUCH BETTER..
(Especially INFANTRY WEAPONS!!! Rifles, mortars, cannons, missiles, tanks, machine guns.. etc..)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
DRAW!

I say it depends on what area of technology we're talking about:

Airpower: this is defenetly USA. the US has the fallowing advantages: Stealth, better smart weapons, better scensers

Infintry: Russia, their weapons are equal in accuracy but more reliable

land units: Draw, you would need to compare them 1 to 1, Some US some Russia

Navy: USA (probably, but not by too much)

Tim

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Im Brittish. But hopfully im gonna live in germany when Im older. I dont want to live in a country known for yobs and racism and I dont want to be controlled by another country like in england. USA has invading UK, not its military, its lifestyle. Gun crime, gang related stuff etc. all comes from american influence on UK. Dont get me wrong I do like both England and America I just cant stand the corruption in the governments and all the racsim and #.

Anyway....
I agree, It's a draw. America does own some nice Tech but so does Russia its just they dont have the manufacturing facilities to make their tech count.

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by UndergroundNetwork]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork

Im Brittish. But hopfully im gonna live in germany when Im older. I dont want to live in a country known for yobs and racism and I dont want to be controlled by another country like in england. USA has invading UK, not its military, its lifestyle. Gun crime, gang related stuff etc. all comes from american influence on UK. Dont get me wrong I do like both England and America I just cant stand the corruption in the governments and all the racsim and #.

Anyway....
I agree, It's a draw. America does own some nice Tech but so does Russia its just they dont have the manufacturing facilities to make their tech count.

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by UndergroundNetwork]

Yeah, the US is the cause of all of the world's problems. Any crimes in the world are due to U.S cultural influence. Other countries cannot put food on the table because of the U.S......... Unemployment and pollution are all caused by the US!

The US is trying to take over the world. They constantly build up their armies even though no one is a serious threat. It isnt fair.

We can't afford things like they have, so we are envious and blame all of our problems on them.

-excuse me while i kill myself

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join