It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please people, paragraphs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Can people please try to put some paragraphs in their posts, or some spacing between lines occasionally. There is nothing worse than trying to read a post that is 40 lines long and it is just one big block of text. In fact i won't read it, I am sure others are the same.

Iam not trying to impose rules here, I just think that if you want people to read your posts you should try to make it a little easier for them.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Change your monitor view from 1024 to maybe 848 or 800?

Just messin'........
Will see if I can correct that "oversight" there greenkoolaid....pronto.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Next, you'll be telling people to punctuate and spellcheck. Where will this madness end?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Next, you'll be telling people to punctuate and spellcheck. Where will this madness end?

Close, next on the agenda is run on sentences, you know sentences that go on for ever and don't seem to stop and you just hope they will end soon so you can figure out what they are trying to say but you can tell there is no end in site and you would kill for a period or even a semicolon but they come too late and you have given up and you are on to the next post. :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
GreenKool,

yeah man I agree,

appearance is muchmore important than substance.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hahahaha. That is not what I mean, but appearance may get your post read.

Besides Neo, you know I am not talking about you. Your half a sentence for every 2 lines makes your posts look pretty.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I say that spellchecking would be a nice thing to have.... as well as syntax and grammar. As a writer, some posts make me smile while others make me weep with horror.

DE

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Can people please try to put some paragraphs in their posts, or some spacing between lines occasionally. There is nothing worse than trying to read a post that is 40 lines long and it is just one big block of text. In fact i won't read it, I am sure others are the same.

Iam not trying to impose rules here, I just think that if you want people to read your posts you should try to make it a little easier for them.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

hehe ... Your sooo Canadian 'Grin' ..

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Do you smile when you read my posts or weep with horror?

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hehe...seriously though, spacing is basic "netiquette"....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
wellatleastmostofususespacesandpunctuationinourmessagesimeanwhatwouldhappenifwedidnt

[Edited on 12/1/03 by crayon]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Location Near large artillery pieces
Member Is Online
Mood: Caffeinated

That's comforting....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well Sir,

I have my copy of Strunk and White in hand and will endeavor to comply with your request.

cheers,

hrxll

btw. humor notwithstanding I agree with you.

[Edited on 1-12-03 by HerExcellency]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm not picky about grammar...but can't agree more about the flow of a post...keep it interesting, on topic and coherent...a few spaces here and there help too

new topics

top topics

join