It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts about racism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I for one think racism will never die. Most racism comes from the media in the polls that they do. How many times have you seen polls that are seperated into catorgories, (white,black,hispanic etc) I have seen it alot on the news as well as many other types of media. I also think school systems play a big role in racism by teaching false history. i.e........Slavery. Where did slavery of the black man come from. Well what you wont learn in school you can learn in a library. Slavery was all over the world, white man had white slaves, black man had black slaves etc....now back to the schools, they teach you that the white man took the black man as slaves. Well this is true but what most dont know is that the Africans traded their own people(black) for trinkets(currency then)to the white man, so the actual facts that you learn in school arent true at all. They teach you what they are allowed to teach you and nothing more. Its not like the white man went to Africa and just took them against their will, it was by the will of there own people. So why is there no hatred towards Africans by the black man, or better yet....why is there no slavery hatred towards the white man by the white man. Researched proves that Black men in USA(very few wealthy back then) also had slaves. In fact alot of slaves were a part of the family that they worked for and were loved as one of there own. In my opinion the only race opressed by the white man or any other race for that matter was the indians. They are the ones who truly suffered the most and to a degree still do. I know that there were alot of abused slaves and that wasnt right, but what also isnt right is to hide the actual truth behind it all. Now I know this post will probably offend a few people but that isnt my intension. If it offends you I am trul sorry, it isnt meant to. I would love to hear others views and comments on this.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't think it's right. I think that all people of every colour belong together like a beautiful rainbow after a rain storm.
No person should control another against their will; if someone wants to be a slave, then so be it.
It's true that you should investigate for yourself about all you are taught in school, whether about slavery or other subjects.
If you refer to Indians of North America and all other Aboriginal peoples around the world, then I believe you are right that these people have been almost all wiped out. There are places in Canada where Indians live in 3rd world conditions, in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, that tells you about racism, for sure.
Racism is a tragedy, it is not only with white people, but I am sure that all people of all colour feel enmity towards other people different from themselves.
Like I said, so many colours make up what a beautiful rainbow is.

who

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am embarrassed by our fore fathers that came to this land. They were too lazy to do their own work so they brought over slaves and made them do it, now we will pay for it for the rest of our lives. I dont think racism will ever go away, it was everywhere when we started this country, even with the ignorant leaders that started it all. Racism is not going anywhere, there will always be angry and spiteful blacks and whites. Racism is still prevelant, when was the last time you saw a "Miss White America" pageant, or anything like that? The problem is that while trying to bring up one race, they are pushing the other down further. This does not help or even start to fix things. First we need equality in everything, from TV shows to income to college entrance exams, and job placement. We need to get rid of all quotas, then once the playing field is fair I think we will be headed in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What is amazing is, Racism actually MIGHT Be killed off by finding Aliens..why? Because people label it the "white" races, the "black" races...etc etc.

But, all in all, we are all the HUMAN RACE. So, maybe if we found aliens, it would then be intergalatic racism..

The "Grey" race..the "Human" race..

2 cents..

-wD

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
WebDevil is completely right

good way to look at things wd

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
For racism.

There is no excuse for alot of things, and when everyone opens there self polluted vision they will see this very plain fact.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
What is amazing is, Racism actually MIGHT Be killed off by finding Aliens..why? Because people label it the "white" races, the "black" races...etc etc.

But, all in all, we are all the HUMAN RACE. So, maybe if we found aliens, it would then be intergalatic racism..

The "Grey" race..the "Human" race..

2 cents..

-wD

very good stuff.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Racism is for those who dont take the time to understand others.
Culture is a big problem in raising racism within our societies. The medie is quike to label different races under certain catagories.
Iv dealth with racism at a young age, and never had any problems after.
Thiers so much ethnic diversity that racists cant simply go out and rally, without raising some eyebrows.
I think racists should not be looked down up, but made to understand.
Deep

join