It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Greg Rusedski drugs shock.

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
British number two Greg Rusedski has vowed to prove his innocence after confirming he has tested positive for the banned drug nandrolone.

NEWS STORY LINK.

Ben

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
every player must have taken some sort of illegal drug at one point because every player is looking to get ahead of the other player. And if they are on top they want to stay on top and they will use any means necisarry to stay on top

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Its one player i wouldn't have thought of taking them.

Ben

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
He was a good player, but i guess he was one of those players trying to compete on the same level as others

Sir

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
He always seem to lack a bit,so i suppose the drugs help him.Thats if he is guilty.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's all in the news over here,its a shame that it happened.

The ATP responded to Greg Rusedski's claim that he had been 'singled out' following his positive test for nandrolone.

The British number two's defence centres around the case of Czech player Bohdan Ulihrach, who was initially found guilty of using nandrolone and banned for two years, but won an appeal when it emerged that ATP trainers had been giving players mineral supplements, electrolytes and other supplements.

Sir

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If he is guilty he should be banned no to ways about it,he shouldn't have done it in the first place.It's no good whinging and whining about it now.

Ben

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yea it is a shame...but as you can see it is happening in every sport now. THey do it cause they want extra money (in my mind) cause if they are better than other players they will earn more and more money

Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
JOhn McEnroe admitted to using setriods during his 12 year professional career, but as stated that he did not know that he was taking these pills.

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
JOhn McEnroe admitted to using setriods during his 12 year professional career, but as stated that he did not know that he was taking these pills.

Well im sorry but how the hell would you not know that you was taking steroids,that is a little hard to believe due to the big change it would have made to his body.Then again if your going to admit drug abuse why not say you mistakingly took it or you just didn't know.

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
More on Rusedski..

World anti-doping chief Dick Pound has raised hopes that Greg Rusedski may be able to clear his name over his drug-taking controversy.

Pound, head of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), said if Rusedski could prove his claim that his positive test for nandrolone came as a result of supplements being provided by ATP trainers then it would be hard for any ban to be imposed.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I would have never thought that McEnroe would be on roids. He didn't even look like he was on it with his skinny frame and all.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye8424
I would have never thought that McEnroe would be on roids. He didn't even look like he was on it with his skinny frame and all.

Well they are meant to make you more aggressive supposidly,so the way he acted on the court may have had something to do with it..

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
he still acts that way fromm time to time....its been reported that he could be starting his own talk show maybe his main topic is steriods and illegal products among althetes

new topics

top topics

join