It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Im new to tennis and i have a question..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What is a grand Slam?

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A grand slam is 4 tournaments that are held in tennis and when you win all 4 its called the grand slam!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
the 4 tournaments are the major ones...U.s. Open...austrilian...Wimbledon..and French Open

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i have a couple questions, while watching a few months ago i tried to figure out the scoring on my own but just couldn't figure it out. first what the heck is a break point? and next what does it mean when the score is duece? i got the love, 15, 30, and for some reason it goes to 40 next. then when they are tied i understand the advantage but those two little things really stumped me.

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
when the score is duece it means that it is tied at 40 all...Then u play the next point and its advantage to whoever wins it,when it is duece you have to win the next 2 points to win the game..

A break point means when a player is serving and is losing say 15 - 40 then the other player needs one more point to break their serve,if they dont then its 30 - 40 its still break point...If they still don't you get to the duece as explained above..

Hope that helps..!

new topics

top topics

join