It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Todd Martin attacks Hewitt..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Players' chief Todd Martin has launched an attack on Lleyton Hewitt, accusing him of forgetting that his legal action against the ATP would financially impact on his fellow professionals.

The US veteran, who went out of Wimbledon in a five-set thriller against Rainer Schuttler on Friday, revealed his dismay at the Australian's decision to sue the ATP for �1million.

In the case, Hewitt is seeking damages for alleged defamation after being fined for missing an interview last year in the United States.

What with this and his coach going things are not to good for hewitt at the moment,this could have contributed to his early exit at wimbledon and his loss of form...

Ben

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
any one know what Todd said?

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not yet ben i just read a bit just now and it didn't have to much on it.I'll have a look around..

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pk i got some quotes of some of the things that Martin said......

"I don't think he's particularly fond of me right now considering I represent an organisation that he's opposed to," said Martin, president of the ATP players council, angry that the body which runs men's tennis could face a big pay-out.

"That being said, it is disappointing that he finds it necessary to sue the ATP because essentially he's suing his fellow players.

"And I think if that were conveyed to him enough, then maybe he'd understand.

"In his defence, if he feels that he's been wronged, in the States we'd say he has an inalienable right to take action.

"But I don't think there is the proper grounds to take action."

I think Martin is right its not as if he needs the money and other players not as highly ranked certainly do..

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i was sad to see todd knocked out

new topics

top topics

join