It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: French Open 2003

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Venus overcomes rough patch

Instead, it was a player with a losing record and ranked 110th who briefly threatened the run of Sister Slams on Thursday in the French Open's second round. Williams got her act together in time to beat Evie Dominikovic 6-3, 4-6, 6-2.

Nine U.S. women reached the third round, but just two of 13 American men did: Andre Agassi and Vince Spadea, who's never won a tournament. Two U.S. men exited, with No. 24 James Blake eliminated by Ivan Ljubicic in a match suspended the night before because of darkness. Todd Martin lost to No. 25 Tim Henman.

espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nice to see Tim getting through to the next round,I didn't think he would get their as he has only recovered from a injury...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
PARIS -- Andre Agassi improved to 10-0 in major events this year by beating No. 26 Xavier Malisse 6-4, 7-5, 7-5 on Friday at the French Open. The stylish Malisse lost despite hitting 13 aces and 55 winners

At 33, Agassi's the tournament's oldest entrant. And just like a year ago, he's the only U.S. man in the round of 16.

msn.espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well Tim is definatly doing better than i thought as clay hasnt always been his best surface...
I'm watching the match on TV and its one set all...If Tim gets the win it will most probably be his best win to date so far,but lets not get too over confident ...!

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Nice to see Tim getting through to the next round,I didn't think he would get their as he has only recovered from a injury...

Who is this Tim you speak of?

TRD

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Tim Henman the british no1....

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
PARIS -- Lleyton Hewitt's French Open dreams evaporated when he lost a two-set lead to go down 4-6, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 to Spain's Tommy Robredo in the third round of the French Open on Saturday.

No. 3 Juan Carlos Ferrero and No. 20 Felix Mantilla also won, giving Spain five men in the fourth round. Ferrero beat No. 25 Tim Henman 4-6, 6-2, 6-4, 6-2, and Mantilla defeated compatriot Fernando Vicente 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-3.

espn.go.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There won't be another all-Williams final at the French Open. No. 3 Venus Williams fell to No. 22 Vera Zvonareva of Russia 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 on Sunday. Serena did her part defeating Ai Sugiyama in straight sets to advance to the quarterfinals. Jennifer Capriati also fell to Nadia Petrova 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.

Kuerten Defeats Gaudio

It took two days, but Gustavo Kuerten defeated Gaston Gaudio 7-6 (1), 7-5, 5-7, 6-3 on Sunday to advance to the fourth round. Kuerten next meets Tommy Robredo, who upset Lleyton Hewitt. Andre Agassi easily defeated Flavio Sarretta.

espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well its good to see Venus gone and serena struggled a bit today but eventually came through...I think she will find it tough to win it this year..

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It looks like the Wiliam Sisters can be beaten, looks like their papa was wrong about nobody can beat them.

Ben

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Today at the French Open, Agassi was upset by Coria the youngster. This opens the door for a lot of people, the two top seeds are now gone, maybe it is Ferror's time.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was totally shocked to see both agassi and moya beat....what do you think about the robredo costa match ben?

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I was totally shocked to see both agassi and moya beat....what do you think about the robredo costa match ben?

I thought agassi was going to go all the way and win it..Bang goes what i thought..lol

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The albert Costa Tommy Rebredo match was great, i enjoyed watching every second of it, the first two sets Costa was out of it, it seemed like he didnt want to be out there, and then he showed so much heart coming back from that match that is what a true champion does right there, and now he is contention for his second straight french open.

The Juan Carlos Ferrero and Gonzalex match was great both of these quaterfinals were great both lasting five sets. Hope this type of action contiunes, Ferrero and Gonzalez showed people what true clay courters are all about. Great match now i am looking forward to a Ferrero-Costa match in the semis. I will look for ferrero to get some revenage in this match after lossing to Costa in the finals last year.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
The Juan Carlos Ferrero and Gonzalex match was great both of these quaterfinals were great both lasting five sets. Hope this type of action contiunes, Ferrero and Gonzalez showed people what true clay courters are all about. Great match now i am looking forward to a Ferrero-Costa match in the semis. I will look for ferrero to get some revenage in this match after lossing to Costa in the finals last year.

I watched the ENTIRE match today...wow it was awesome! I was rooting for gonzales the whole time because I love how wide open his game is...I like to see players take chances with crazy shots. The ferrero/costa match should be outstanding...I cant wait!

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh yes...News from the open..

Serena Williams' Grand Slam dominance was ended on Thursday as Justine Henin-Hardenne set up an all-Belgian French Open final with Kim Clijsters.

Henin-Hardenne secured a nail-biting 6-2 4-6 7-5 win at Roland Garros to ensure Williams would not be winning her fifth consecutive Grand Slam title at the weekend.

(9) A Costa v (3) J C Ferrero i think the winner of the mens will come from this seni final....

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Oh yes...News from the open..

Serena Williams' Grand Slam dominance was ended on Thursday as Justine Henin-Hardenne set up an all-Belgian French Open final with Kim Clijsters.

Henin-Hardenne secured a nail-biting 6-2 4-6 7-5 win at Roland Garros to ensure Williams would not be winning her fifth consecutive Grand Slam title at the weekend.

(9) A Costa v (3) J C Ferrero i think the winner of the mens will come from this seni final....

Wow I wasnt expecting that to happen...I agree though that the winner of the mens will come from that semi final

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Little-known Martin Verkerk's dream run at the French Open continued on Friday as he stormed into a final with another shock win.

The world number 46 outplayed claycourt expert Guillermo Coria in Paris, winning 7-6 6-4 7-6 to set up a clash with either Juan Carlos Ferrero or Albert Costa.

Coria would have feared the Dutchman's huge serve going into the match, but that was far from his only weapon.

He ground down the Argentine in the baseline rallies and fully deserved his victory.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ferrero just beat Costa in 3 sets!

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
Ferrero just beat Costa in 3 sets!

Well i didnt see that...what was the set scores??? did he win comfortably??

Looks like he can go on and win it now.!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join