It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Tiger Tim can win Wimbledon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Henman was in the papers this weekend saying this is his year and he can win Wimbledon.

This guy is like a broken record, every year the same rubbish. I hope he doesn't win and is knocked out in the 1st round. Loser (although he has lot's of money and has won nothing of importance so he probably doesn't care).......

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well he has been injured and i cant see him winning it...Tim is just not good enough he always fails,as you say Teflon loser...

I suppose i will cheer him and greg on for the brits but i wont be losing my vioce...lol

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I live to watch tim fail...its part of my wimbledon tradition!

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well Tim doesnt do to bad at wimbledon and he seems to have recovered from his injury,so hopefully he can do well....

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I live to watch tim fail...its part of my wimbledon tradition!

LOL

I can't understand the hype, it's never going to happen unless everyone pulls out of the tournament and he wins by default.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So what hype is that then????

I said i hope he does well and i said earlier in the thread that he aint good enough to win it...

The newspapers aint bigging him up either,i think he even knows he wont win it...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The hype of the two page spread in four newspapers over the weekend saying Tim was going to take the Wimbledon title...??

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
The hype of the two page spread in four newspapers over the weekend saying Tim was going to take the Wimbledon title...??

LMAO well i didnt buy them,same thing every year so nothings changed then...

[Edited on 6-6-2003 by TRD]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Same thing will happen at the tourney as well... he won't win it!!

TRD

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Tim Henman fought back from the brink of defeat in the Stella Artois Championships on Tuesday and suggested London's slower grass courts were hampering his chances of claiming that elusive first Wimbledon crown.

Henman struggled to assert his normally strong service game and did not convince that a Grand Slam triumph is imminent during his 3-6 6-3 7-6 win over Italian Davide Sanguinetti.

Only a wayward backhand from the Italian in the 12th game of the final set saved the British number one from an ignominious exit from a tournament in which he has reached the final three times.

Henman subscribes to a general consensus that the game has been slowed down too much, particularly on grass where baseliners like Lleyton Hewitt and David Nalbandian have come to the fore.

Well heres the first excuse as to why Henman wont win wimbledon...

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Tim Henman lost in straight sets to Sebiastian Grosjean in their semi-final at the Stella Artois Championships.

Henman struggled for all the tournamant and finally got outclassed by Grosjean..

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Henman is one of the most overrated tennis players there is in my opinion.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
Henman is one of the most overrated tennis players there is in my opinion.

Well i make you right their Osobad..I mean even the commentators and ex players said he had a great chance of winning wimbledon on the TV yesterday.They all must have been smoking the green...!!

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's not the court that will stop him winning Wimbledon, it's his lack of any real talent.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
did you guys see him at the charity match?? he plays tennis better with a cricket bat instead of a racket..

HA!
:tum:

Chris

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yep i see that Chris i was LMAO it was well funny....The thing is aswell whats happened to his Teeth? you would think with all his money he would get dental treatment they have gone all brown..

Unless he is smoking something like 100 cigarettes a day...lol

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
he's gotta do something with all his spare time off the court!!

HEH

Chris

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yep i see that Chris i was LMAO it was well funny....The thing is aswell whats happened to his Teeth? you would think with all his money he would get dental treatment they have gone all brown..

Unless he is smoking something like 100 cigarettes a day...lol

you werent lying lol

Ben

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Tiger can win but he is going to need to play very solid. He has done well here..and its going to have to continue...he can do it there is no question about it..hes got the crowd on his side.

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey osobad good pic!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join