It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Pete Sampras

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
When is pistol pete going to come back and play on the tour?

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Personally i think Sampras should retire a great champion in his time,but i think he should leave it to the young guns

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That is what i have been saying for the past two years Pete's time is over, He is getting slower, and with the serve and volley game you need to be quick. He showed at the U.S. Open that he has some left but he should have left after that win.
Agassi has still a lot left in the tank and i think he will win another major this year and be number 1 at the end of the year.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes i can agree with that.The serves are getting faster and he's reactions are getting slower,he may try to win once more before he retires.Leyton Hewitt should be up there challenging for the no1 spot.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hewitt is going to be a top player for years to come, he is the fastest player and it seems that he is getting better every year. Agassi should knock him off but it will be hard, the servers are getting fastest and i think the Roddick will break 150 this year, and that will be fun to watch.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
150 mph now that is fast,will anyone be able to react to a serve that fast will be interesting to see.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
150 is very fast, you have to get a pretty good jump on the ball to be able to even touch it. If he even gets it in the box, but how can you tell if it lands in the box if it goes that fast.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's right it will be difficult to tell as the tech they use doesn't always work properly and to rely on the umpires won't help much.Even if you could get to the ball it may be difficult to control it and get back a shot,could turn out to be a very good weapon in his game.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It would be a great weapon to have, considering you are from london who is your favorite player.

Mine would have to be Andy Roddick and Andre Agassi. I just love Roddick's serve i am trying to get my serve more like his, i think that andre should grow his hair back long i think that would look sweet

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well if i was patriotic i would say Tim Henman but although he is the best we have it's got to be Leyton Hewitt he has so much talent.

Agassi with long hair

Oh yeah the williams sisters are awesome!

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Tim Henman he has been very quiet lately i haven't seen or heard much of him lately, you arnt a big fan of Rudeski.

The WILLIAM SISTERS!!!! how could you like them?

[Edited on 04/06/2003 by Ben]

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Rudeski keeps getting injured it's a shame,he could be just as good as Tim.
He's got more passion for the game as him aswell.
Of course i am a fan of them just think Hewitt is to good.

The William's just think they are good tennis players but damm ugly.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The William's just think they are good tennis players but damm ugly.

Yeah they are. Steffi should come back and play so that she could come and beat the sisters.

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
espn.go.com...

maybe sampras is coming back for one more shot. I dont think that he will do well, he has been off the tour for a while, and he is much older but i must say iam looking forward to seeing him give it one last shot.

Lets hope that the Brit, Tim Henman will come through here, he has been in the semi-finals the last couple of years, i think that Tim will come through this year.

[Edited on 04/07/2003 by Ben]

TRD

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
MMmmm Wildcard well he must think he has a chance didn't goran do that and win Wimbledon....

I've got my fingers crossed for Tim as he has come close a couple of times now,other players think he can win i hope he believes it himself.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Looks like we may have seen the last of Pistol Pete.....

Wimbledon has probably seen the last of Pete Sampras following the seven-time champion's decision to pull out of this year's tournament.

Sampras insists he will not allow sentiment to push him into the firing line for more reputation-tarnishing defeats such as the one to unheralded Swiss George Bastl last year.

Sampras, who also announced he would not play the French Open, said: "If I go to another major, I would go there to win, not just to say goodbye.

"I know what it takes to be the best. I don't play just to play. I set the bar high and I want to be the best - and right now I just don't have it."

Sampras has not played since winning his 14th Grand Slam title by beating Andre Agassi in the US Open final last year.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love watching Goran Ivanisevic play...especially on grass

TRD

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28

Didn't know he smoked it....:tum:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Originally posted by Osobad28

Didn't know he smoked it....:tum:

Haha nice TRD...would surprise me though, just look at him!

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well ihavnt seen or heard anything on pete only that he continues to pull out of tournaments..I dont know what he is going to do..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join