It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible is a bad excuse for hating gays...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I think Russian may be referring to such a verse as this:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

I do not hate homosexauls no-more than I hate drunkards, fornicators, revilers etc. .
The bible teaches to love the person but hate the sin.
I'm guilty of a few of those things myself. The point is that I turned from those ways and trust that Jesus took my punishment on that cross in full.

IMO

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by StationsCreation]

thank you StationsCreation its just hard for me to find these places cause I read a Russian Bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is exactly right, Russian. Please note what he is saying.

The Christian faith teaches to strive for a life that leads away from these human tendencies toward that of a more holy nature - as reflected in the life of Christ.

So the point is the change in the soul, heart, mind and intentions of the believer. Salvation can neither be lost nor gained on an action. Only on a decision - that to believe or not believe.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I think Russian may be referring to such a verse as this:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

I do not hate homosexauls no-more than I hate drunkards, fornicators, revilers etc. .
The bible teaches to love the person but hate the sin.
I'm guilty of a few of those things myself. The point is that I turned from those ways and trust that Jesus took my punishment on that cross in full.

IMO

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by StationsCreation]

Right on!

The apostle pointed at the inevitable 'God's decree' not only about those whose conduct was improper and who 'were filled with all manner of wickedness, �covetousness' but also about those who 'approve' (cf. Rom 18-32).

Such people separate themselves from the unity of faith. According to the Apostle, they will not inherit the eternal life:
'Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters� nor homosexuals� will inherit the kingdom of God' (cf. 1 Cor 6:9-10).

Scriptures such as the following are clear:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination" (Leviticus 20:13); "For this reason [e.g., their refusal to acknowledge, thank, and glorify God] God gave them up to dishonorable passions.
Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameful acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error" (Romans 1:26-27);
"Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral [fornicators], nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals [sodomites; literally those who have coitus, or who sleep with, men], nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the Kingdom of God.
And such were some of you. But you were washed, and were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6: 9-11).

According to Orthodox Tradition, Christians are redeemed sinners.
We who are in union with Christ through Holy Baptism are delivered from sin and the passions, from Satan and death, by God's amazing grace through obedient faith in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit!
We are baptized into Christ and sealed with the Holy Spirit in order to live God's life in the Church! Through regular prayer, eucharistic communion, confession, fasting, and struggle against every form of sin, we give witness to the deliverance that is ours in Christ.
The homosexual Christian is called to a particularly rigorous battle since his or her orientation cannot be blessed through the mystery of marriage. He or she is called to complete celibacy, as are all unmarried Orthodox Christians.
The great struggle (ascesis) of the homosexual Christian is not made easier by the demonic hatred of those who despise and ridicule these brethren who carry this painful cross!
And the battle is not made easier by those who demonically teach that the homosexual lifestyle is perfectly acceptable.

As is true of all of us who are sickened by our sinful passions, homosexuals can be healed, and homosexual actions can cease.
As St. Paul exclaims, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." When homosexuals are willing to struggle in Christ against their sinful passion, and when they receive the strong love and support of their Christian brethren, they can be healed!
We are all struggling with various passions and sins. We all need one another in Christian community! The Lord Himself tells us, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. But narrow is the way that leads to life" (Matthew 7:13-14). The key, the Holy Fathers tell us, is to keep on fighting!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
GreenKool,

why is this issue so important to you btw?

it is important to understand people's agendas.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What about hermaphrodites? If they have sex with a male then they are gay. If they have sex with a female, then they are being gay. They're doomed no matter what they do.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Aztec]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec

What about hermaphrodites? If they have sex with a male then they are gay. If they have sex with a female, then they are being gay. They're doomed no matter what they do.

Well , on this issue.......one is given the choice at birth by the doctors to what the child should be....male or female....(Im not a doctor so I guess one has to see how the doctor decides this??? )

The same rule applies here......
St. Paul writes, "Do you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body" (I Corinthians 6:19, 20).

It has always maintained a strong position on the holiness of the body as the temple of the Holy Spirit and on the sanctity of marriage, where the gift of sexuality finds genuine fulfillment.
Homosexuality is regarded as contrary to God's revealed purpose in his creation of gender and marriage (Genesis 1-2), a position clearly affirmed by Christ (Mark 10:6-9).

Nevertheless, homosexuality is not to be isolated as the only sin.
It should be seen in the larger context of human sinfulness, which includes sins like fornication, idolatry, adultery, thievery, greed, and drunkenness, all of which according to St. Paul are obstacles to entering God's kingdom (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Homosexuals can be healed
? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It makes it sound like a disease.

"Billy can't come to school today; he's got the homosexuality."

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
GreenKool,

why is this issue so important to you btw?

it is important to understand people's agendas.

Because I am a lizard who wants to eat your flesh.

Seriously, I don't like people hiding behind the bible as an excuse for their actions. People need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's confirmed that Jesus was gay. There's little doubt about it it seems.
www.ananova.com...

www.smh.com.au...

If I was born a hermaphrodite I wouldn't know which gender to cut off? What if I made a mistake and wanted to change my mind? What if gays had sex changes? Would that make their sex life righteous in God's eyes?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Aztec,

In a thread that I believe has been fairly openminded and non-confrontational I would like to add that if you are serious, you are a certifiable nut.

so show your papers, ok?

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec
It's confirmed that Jesus was gay. There's little doubt about it it seems.
www.ananova.com...

www.smh.com.au...

If I was born a hermaphrodite I wouldn't know which gender to cut off? What if I made a mistake and wanted to change my mind? What if gays had sex changes? Would that make their sex life righteous in God's eyes?

Stop it Dude my sides. I thought this was a serious post!

Mark

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The bible says those who work on the Sabbath should be put to death.

The bible says eating shellfish is a sin.

The bible says wearing two different types of cloth on your body is a sin.

The bible says beating your wife is okay.

The bible says shaving is a sin.

The bible says wearing gold or pearls is a sin.

The bible says eating pork is prohibited.

The bible says if you masturbate, you go to hell.

The bible says divorce is a sin.

The bible says if you are not baptized you cannot enter heaven.

...Amongst a lot and I mean a lot of other crazy things.

It is a simple case of picking and choosing. If you are going to pick out a verse to show that someone�s lifestyle is wrong, then live it all or shut the # up.

And I don't mean to be crude, but how many guys like taking their girlfriend/wife up the back passage?
If you do then you'd be well to remember that that is a sin equal to gay sex in the eyes of the Bible.

This issue really needs someone to sit on the wrong part of bus one day...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Basically it comes down to WHO CARES? Why is it gay people need to throw their sexuality around and have parades? What is the point in a gay parade? If this stuff wasnt force feed on the public, then their might not be as much hate! Keep your sex life in the bedroom, not out on the streets, please!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Aztec,
In a thread that I believe has been fairly openminded and non-confrontational I would like to add that if you are serious, you are a certifiable nut.

so show your papers, ok?

Valhall
The professor or whatever he is was on the news here speaking about his findings about Jesus being gay. He was paid an enormous amount of money to research Jesus' astrological charts and he discovered that Jesus had Gay astroligical signs etc.

Now i'm no astrologer but I can accept that there is a lot of truth in some of the things astrologers come up with. If people are going to use a book to condemn gays to eternal hell then it is only fair to show that there is astrological info proving Jesus was most likely gay also.

I posed the question about hermaphrodites being gay no matter which gender they had sex with, and someone replied that 'they would be okay so long as they had an operation to remove one of the genders from their body. So the obvious question then was, 'if it's okay to have operations to please God then where does it all end. Can we change genders to please God?

Call me insane if you like, but take a look at my photo. Do I seriously look like a psycho to you???

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yeah...funny, Aztec.

I guess I would first have to put some credibility to man that takes large sums of money to read star charts, now wouldn't I?

whatever

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There's only one person you can trust in this world and that person is yourself.

If the person's studies have any knowledge you can use along your own path then by all means take what you need. Obviously he borrowed his facts from charts made by the ancients etc.

I don't believe it, and yet it could be true; although it was on the news programs as being legitimate

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
GreenKool,

then I trust that you do the same thing then, look hard at yourself and your own agenda in existance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join