It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Post-2006 NBA Trade Rumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
First one here:

Kevin Garnett to the Bulls?

Source: "As part of the deal, the Bulls are believed to have promised to continue their pursuit of Minnesota Timberwolves star forward Kevin Garnett, who could be the final piece to the championship puzzle. The Daily Southtown reported last week that the Bulls were among several teams that inquired about Garnett prior to the NBA draft. Timberwolves operations chief Kevin McHale made it known that Garnett was not available. The Bulls believe they can revive the talks if they sweeten their offer of center Tyson Chandler and forward Luol Deng with recent first-round draft pick Tyrus Thomas, whom the Timberwolves are known to covet. A nucleus of Garnett, Wallace and Andres Nocioni on the front line coupled with Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich in the backcourt would immediately turn the Bulls into a legitimate championship contender."

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Source: "Isiah Thomas has another chance to acquire Kenyon Martin, his bum knee and his bloated contract. With the Denver Nuggets having agreed to terms with Carmelo Anthony and Nene over the weekend, Martin never has been more available for the taking. Pairing Martin, a rugged power forward, with Eddy Curry is something Thomas has thought long and hard about since February. However, the Knicks are reluctant to part with Channing Frye, the most desired player on the roster. Denver needs a shooting guard but the Nuggets have little interest in Steve Francis. Jamal Crawford is a possibility, especially coming off a good season. Denver would prefer salary cap relief in the form of an expiring contract like Maurice Taylor or Jalen Rose. The Mavericks reportedly are interested in Martin, who grew up in Dallas."

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Source: "Though the Celtics still are looking into trade scenarios for a veteran - with a potential deal for Allen Iverson still on the front burner - enthusiasm for such a deal appeared to cool yesterday. "I'm not sure, looking at what we have right now, that this is something we want to do," one team official said."

[Edited on 7/4/2006 by GiantsFan]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Source: "Kings free agent Bonzi Wells continues to mull over the six offers put forth, though his agent, William Phillips, declined to discuss any progress in the process. Phillips said on Sunday that he had issued a counteroffer to the Kings, whose original offer was for more than the midlevel exception (approximately $5 million). Reportedly, Denver, Detroit and Indiana are among the teams pursuing Wells. While Denver and Indiana are limited to offering the midlevel exception, the apparent departure of free-agent center Ben Wallace from Detroit means the Pistons will have the flexibility to offer more. Reached Monday night, Phillips declined to comment on the implications of Wallace's exit from Detroit."

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Source: "The Bulls don't want two defensive-minded centers as the team's highest-paid players, so Chandler will likely leave soon in a trade. The probable destination is the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for veteran power forward P.J. Brown. Some reports have Bulls forward Malik Allen and Hornets shooting guard J.R. Smith included in the trade. Two other possibilities under consideration are Chandler to Denver for Marcus Camby or to Cleveland in a sign-and-trade for Drew Gooden."

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm sure there are more out there, but this was what I found. Post your rumors and such, or post your comments on any of the trades rumors.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Iverson to the Celtics?"

IMHO, this would be a good move all around, the Celts would be getting legitmately better, and Iversn can leave Philly, where he is getting tired of front-office bumbles. The only person screwed in the deal would be Mo Cheeks.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Chandler out of Chicago?

I've also heard rumor that they might want to get Carlos Boozer from the Jazz for him -

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have heard that Deveon George likely wont' be going back to teh Lakers.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As a Sixers fan, I say that trading Iverson would be a good idea. He has played 10 seasons (already--amazing, isn't it?), is pretty banged up, and doesn't have much in the tank. I think Philly needs to deal him now while he still commands a nice price. They need to retool, and that means getting rid of old men Chris Webber and Allen Iverson.

[Edited on 7/5/06 by BirdstheBest]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes, Devon george is in talks with the Kings and I think the Timberwolves or Trailblazers. Can't remember the second team. And i think Iverson should leave Philly, he has a better chance winning a championship with another team.

As for Webber, I had to like him as a Kings Fan, but I got tired of him, like I did with Divac. Brad Miller did extremely well for us when Webber was injured, so losing him was geeat for the team. If Bonzi and Artest will resign with the Kings, I think we will be in great shape. We did MUCH better in the playoffs than I could have hoped. And if only we could get KG to come to Sacramento... i'd be very happy.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And if only we could get KG to come to Sacramento... i'd be very happy.

lol, I think all teams should be saying that...

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just read something about Paul Pierce contemplating playing with either AI, KG, Jermaine O'Neil, here's the link -

Big dreams in LA

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As BHn mentioned in antoher thread, both Alonzo Mourning and Gary Payton have indicated that they will return to play for the Heat next season.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'll update this thread tonight with even more trade rumors, and trades that have already been made and complteted.

As for Alonzo and Gary... I knew Alonzo was coming back, but I also read that many teams are in talks with the Heat for trades involving Mourning. If I can find that article, I will post it in here.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'll update this thread tonight with even more trade rumors, and trades that have already been made and complteted.

As for Alonzo and Gary... I knew Alonzo was coming back, but I also read that many teams are in talks with the Heat for trades involving Mourning. If I can find that article, I will post it in here.

Is there really that much interest in 'Zo? He's no spring chicken (I believe he's older than Shaq), plus his medical history. Just seems a bit surprising.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Denver Post: "Allen Iverson, an object of the Nuggets' affection, expressed some interest in remaining in Philadelphia during a news conference Friday. But the 76ers guard also showed willingness to play elsewhere if need be. The Nuggets, Boston and Atlanta are among the teams linked to Iverson."

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Palm Beach Post: "Mourning, arguably the heart and soul of the Miami Heat, will return for a 14th NBA season. The announcement was subtle, but it gives the Heat one of its key components from last season's title team."

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
At this point, the Cavs aren't close to signing Drew Gooden. He is looking for a deal in the range of $60 million for six years, like free-agent Nene received from the Denver Nuggets. The Cavs probably are thinking about a deal in the $6 million-per-year range for five or six years. It's believed that only Charlotte has the salary-cap space to offer that kind of contract, and so far, the Bobcats don't seem that interested in Gooden.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wolves consultant Rex Chapman could end up in the Denver Nuggets' front office soon, which could affect a trade for Kenyon Martin.

top topics

join