It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Chicago Lands A Big Free Agent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What a pity that Kobe's team (Kobe has a team?) isn't among the elite.

BHN

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Chicago made some new additions today. They traded away Tyson Chandler for J.R. Smith and P.J. Brown

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think the West is still superior. The Mavericks are still a more talented team than Miami or anyone else in the East, as are the Spurs. San Antonio should have beaten Dallas, and Tim Duncan's performance against Dallas showed me that he is far from finished. Look out for Phoenix next year with Amare Stoudemire back.

For the NBA depth chart, I see it this way 2006-2007:

1. Phoenix
2. San Antonio
3. Dallas
4. Miami
5. Chicago
6. L.A. Clippers
7. Cleveland
8. New Jersey
9. Detroit
10. L.A. Lakers (yes, the Lakers)

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
BTB, somebody needs to ask you to defend your position on the Lakers, you know..

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The Lakers had a good record last year, and in the playoffs they showed they can play as a team. I watched every game of that first round series with Phoenix, and they should have won it. For most of the series, they were competitive without Kobe having to score 40 points. They are young and Phil Jackson feels comfortable and confident back in LA. I thnk they will get 50 wins next year.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If Utah actually stays healthy, what do you think thier chances are?

[Edited on 7/8/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think Utah has a good chance of making the playoffs, especially considering the division they play in. I mean, last year they were only three games behind Denver, and the Nuggets' 44-38 record was tied for the worst for Western Confernence playoff teams.

One thing I always say is that thoroughly compliment the Jazz on being competitive and moving almost seamlessly to the next phase after Stockton and Malone left. I though they would collapse the way Chicago did after Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman left, but I was proved wrong by Jerry Sloan.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sloan is the most under-rated coach in the league. I beleive that he is the longest tenured coach with his current team in any of the 4 major sports leagues in North America. He is near the top of both all time wins and all time games coached. Though much of his career he was fortunate enough to have superstars of the magnitude of Stockton and Malone, he has proven since thier departure that he was the real genious behind the schemes. Unfortuanately, he will likely never get coach of the year, although no one is more deserving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join