It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Chicago Lands A Big Free Agent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
From ESPN:

"The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52M for four years."

Big Ben shoulda came to Sacramento, but oh well. It's going to look weird seeing him in a uniform other than the Pistons.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
W O W ! ! !

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's gonna be "weird" for you, and it's gonna be "weird" for BtB, and it's gonna be "weird" for me, etc., etc.

But it's gonna be downright tear-inducing for Detroit. I mean, do you suppose this will have any effect on their defense? If they run into Miami in next year's playoffs, could this alter, by a tad or so, their scheme for dealing with Shaq?

WOW.

BHN

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That is a move that could significantly alter the state of the NBA, since he was the cornerstone of the D in Detroit. The Pitsons are still a great team, but they will be quite a bit different now...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Detroit's Defense won't be the same. They won't lose any offense, they may actually gain some with him leaving as he didn't average but 7.3 points per game. I think it's fairly obvious that losing the Two-Time NBA Defensive Player of the Year that a teams defense is going to suffer. I think it's about that time where the Detroit team goes back to just another good team.

I think Cleveland, Chicago, and the Heat will be the big teams in the East now.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The PIstons acted wuickly to fill the oid, but they won't be the same, that's for sure:

The Detroit Pistons reached an agreement with free-agent center Nazr Mohammed on Tuesday, a day after losing Ben Wallace to the Chicago Bulls, a person within the NBA told The Associated Press.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because NBA free agents can't officially sign until July 12, said the team and Mohammed orally agreed to a five-year contract -- with the final year an option -- that will pay him about $5 million next season.

source

Yahoo! Sports

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
From a small trade rumor I read... I hear Chicago and KG are in talks, but that is unconfirmed... i'll look to see if i can find anything on it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
From a small trade rumor I read... I hear Chicago and KG are in talks, but that is unconfirmed... i'll look to see if i can find anything on it.

That would just be an unstoppable team. It can't be legal, can it? Wouldn't they have a monopoly on Superstars???

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
lol, I dunno if it's legal or not.. if not, then how was that lakers team legal that lost to the Pistons. I don't even have to name them. But that Team would become the dominate force in the East...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What about the rumour that AI is heading to Boston? Is that legit?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have no idea... I'll have to look that one up.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've found some good stuff... Including the KG and Iverson rumors. I'll make a different thread for all the trade stuff.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
In related news...

Benny the Bull charged with attacking a police officer

A Chicago Bulls mascot dressed in a bright red costume was charged with attacking an off-duty officer after driving a mini-motorcycle through an outdoor festival.

"It would be premature to make any comment at this point until all the information is gathered," Bulls spokesman Tim Hallam said.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
They were talking about the Wallace trade on ESPN tonight. According to all the experts there, they had the Bulls ranked #2 in the Eastern Conference now. Detroit had slipped to #5. That is one huge swing in the balance of power! Here is the list:

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Cleveland
4. New Jersey
5. Detroit

I was impressed with the Bulls' performance against the Heat in the first round this year. They made the series competitive, that's for sure. With Ben Wallace now, watch out!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
The PIstons acted wuickly to fill the oid, but they won't be the same, that's for sure:

The Detroit Pistons reached an agreement with free-agent center Nazr Mohammed on Tuesday, a day after losing Ben Wallace to the Chicago Bulls, a person within the NBA told The Associated Press.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because NBA free agents can't officially sign until July 12, said the team and Mohammed orally agreed to a five-year contract -- with the final year an option -- that will pay him about $5 million next season.

source

Yahoo! Sports

Y'all know how little I know about the NBA. Since this guy wasn't a big factor in this year's playoffs--or, since I can't recall it--I don't know anything about him. But if he can be had for that price, he sure ain't gonna replace Wallace.

BHN

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't know if I could put Miami #1 for next year. Aren't Mourning and Payton going to retire? And much more to the point, isn't Shaq going to be another year older? His age is really starting to show, I think. Yeah, he had a lot of great moments in these playoffs, obviously, and he was integral to winning the championship, obviously, but it's not like this team stormed to the NBA Title. All he has to do is get a little bit older and slip a little bit more....

BHN

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Nazr won't ever replace Ben Wallace. So you are right in that BHN. Detroit should really be trying to get kevin Garnett. Garnett would be interested, as they would be a contender in the East. And the Pistons would get some great Defense and Offense from who could have arguably been the NBA MVP a few times.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't put the Heat at Number 1 either. I think it will be:

1) Chicago Bulls

2) Cleveland Cavs

3) Miami Heat

4) Detroit Pistons

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is it safe to say now that the balance of power has taken a definate shift to the east?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I believe it is time that the power shift is made. It used to be the Mavs, Spurs, Kings, and Lakers, now it's the Heat, Cavs, Pistons, and Bulls.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join