It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Malice at the Palace Instigator Sentenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just read that John Green was convicted of assault and battery. He was the moron who tossed that cup of beer onto Ron Artest in the Malice at the Palace back in 2004. His lawyer says that he's trying to get a stay of sentence. Green is sentenced to 30 days in jail and two years probation.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There were definitely enough morons to go around in that one. I know nothing about sentencing protocols, but if I had it in my power, and could enforce it, I'd ban the guy from attending any sporting events for 5 years. It'd be harsher, but what can I say, I certainly don't agree with his actions, but I understand.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey...I live in detroit, and I must admit that was such an embarassing moment for all of us michiganders. You know its funny how one idiot can give a whole city a black eye. While I admit that I think it was wrong of Artest and Jackson to jump into the crowd and start punching people out, the jerk who threw the cup was the instigator, and should recieve a harsh penalty. I was just pissed that because of the stupid actions of a handful of people, the pistons and the city of detroit got a bad rep. I've been to many many sporting events, and while I may get a little drunk and obnoxious, I would never even consider that kind of behaviour. It just goes to show how a couple idiots can make a big mess of things. I think that guy should get banned for life from professional sporting events

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
'm sorry to say, but the city of Detroit had a bad rap prior to this incident, they are the most notorious rioters out there. Not that we would inculde you in that mess, dno117

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thanks Gibbs
I try to remain civil. Its just too bad that the fans didnt get that crazy with Matt Millen!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dno117
Thanks Gibbs
I try to remain civil. Its just too bad that the fans didnt get that crazy with Matt Millen!

I'm almost willing to pay you to do that, and I have no vested interest in it...lol!

new topics

top topics

join