It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Best NBA point guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Airjordan had a question for everyone on another thread, so I'm posting a new topic here. Who is the best point guard in the NBA right now?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Tough question, especially since I haven't been paying much attentin to the league this season (hey, no cable will do that to ya!)

My first instinct is to say Jason Kidd, but maybe he's lost a step or two. Then there is Steve Nash, all he did was win the MVP last year...

Of course, I had opened up CBS's stats page, and they have a picture of Kidd on top, saying that he picke dup 2 triple-doubles this week, so I have cast my vote...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm going with Steve Nash. He is a floor general in the mold of John Stockton, yet he can shoot with the best of them. His passing ability is amazing, right up there with Stockton, Magic, and Bird. He knows what kind of game the Suns play and accelerates the pace. Above all, he makes those around him better. The Suns were essentially a new team this year after so offseason changes. Without Amare Stoudemire for all but two games, the Suns are still winning 50+. Kidd and Iverson seem to be past their primes, and neither one can shoot as well as Nash.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting that you say in this thread, "above all, he makes those around him better"

Anyway, Kidd still puts up the stats. I feel like we are defending the opposite positions in this thread than we are in the other one...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah, that is sort of interesting. Nash's stats are superior to Kidd's this year. As for my comment about Nash making those around him better, I was referring to tangible evidence. Have you seen any Suns games this year? Their top scorer and rebounder, Stoudemire, has been out essentially all year. Only three players from last year's team were on the roster this season. And yet they are still a 50+ win team. Nash has been the catalyst for this team. I have watched a few Suns games; their level of play goes up and down with Nash's presence on the court. He may be the best player in the league right now, but that's a subject for another thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I haven't really watched any NBA games this season, I've caught parts of maybe 5 total, so I'm not much of an athourity on the NBA this season. Of course, I'll still voice my opinion, though.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
no love for Chauncey Billups. A team runs on its point guard and Detroit has been running well all year. There's even talk of him getting MVP (though doubtful). His defense is better than Nash and although Kidd has always been the man, he is losing a step. Just my opinion, none of these guys combined could come close to Stockton.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Edit*

Whoops... thought this was the MVP thread.

[Edited on 4/21/2006 by GiantsFan]

new topics

top topics

join