It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA playoffs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I just saw that the Jazz are within 2.5 games of the Lakers and Kings for the 7th and 8th spots in the West. Philly and Chicago are battling for the 8th spot in the East. Not that these bottom spots really matter, they are typically sacraficail lambs for 1 and 2 seeds. So who's gonna be in the finals? My prediction is that the Nets will be back there, after a tough series against the Cavaliers, and thus will lose to the Mavericks.

What do ya'll think?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think with every passing day, the Pacers are getting closer and closer to not making the playoffs. Which means I get closer and closer to not caring what happens.

I think the finals will be Detroit vs Dallas and Detroit wins again.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My dream match-up would be Sacramento and Cleveland... but I don't think Sacramento is good enough this year.

Eastern Conference Pics

I have two pics here, because I'm undecided at who I want.

Detroit Pistons- The Pistons have the best record in the NBA, and I don't believe they have lost more than 2 in a row all season. That will make them hard to beat in the playoffs.

Cleveland Cavaliers- This is more of a long shot, but I think with the way the team has been playing lately, especially LeBron, I think they have a real shot at a Finals appearance. They had a big win yesterday over the Nets, ending the game on a 12-1 run. They have beat the best teams they've played, and I think they have just as much a chance for a championship as anybody in the league.

Western Conference

Dallas Mavericks- The Mavs have the best record in the West, and much like the Pistons, they haven't lost more than 2 or 3 in a row. I don't think that will change going into the playoffs. If they get around the Spurs, then they may be NBA Champs.

[Edited on 4/9/2006 by GiantsFan]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Does nobody respect the Spurs anymore? There record is as good as Dallas and Detroit (+/- 2 games), and they have strong playoff experience. Nowitzki is a chronic underachiever in the playoffs, and he is the crux of the Mav's offense. Tim Duncan is having a great year and he always steps it up when it counts (barring injury). Also Tony Parker is the best short inside shooter I've ever seen. Plus he's dating Eva Longoria, so you know that God is on his side and the Spurs have good karma in their direction. That said, I say the Celtics take it all this year, no doubt.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oh, I definitely respect the Spurs. I will dismiss them as title contenders when the clock sounds on their fourth and final defeat in the playoff round which eliminates them. And not one second earlier.

BHN

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
...the Jazz are only 2 games behind the Kings as of this typing...

Of course, that' not all I'm concerned with in the NBA playoffs, but it is my main concern.

I'd love to see the Mavericks make it to the champoinship round, but that is one heck of a hurdle to get over to get them there, the Spurs. And like Kwyjibo syas, they have a tendancy to choke in the playoffs. Then again, so did Bill Cowher...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
While the Cavs are an up and coming team, they seem to be two or three years away from making a title run. Right now they are on ESPN getting thoroughly whipped by Detroit. I do, however, think Miami can make a run at Detroit in the playoffs. New Jersey is hot as well, but the Pistons' defense is just smothering. I don't see anyone beating Detroit in the East.

In the West, it all depends on Tim Duncan's feet. He has that plantar fascia (spelling?) problem, and some nights it really hampers him. If he can give them 20 pts and 10 reb a night, I think the Spurs will win it all. They are deeper than last season with Nick van Exel and Michael Finley, and we all know how Robert Horry steps it up in clutch time. Last year's finals were great. The difference in the Spurs' victories was Manu Ginobili. I am looking for a rematch of last years finalists because I just don't see Phoenix or Dallas beating the Spurs in the West. In the playoffs the Spurs just seem to kick things up a notch.

I think that Duncan's foot problem is going to just get worse and that his level of production is going to go downhill. Remember how Larry Bird had so much trouble with his back to the point that he could only play 45 games in his final season. Duncan is in his ninth season; I say he is finished in four. If that is so, it's really unfortunate. If SA wins it all again this year, that will make it four rings for Duncan in nine seasons. In nine seasons Bird and Jordan had won only three titles apiece (Magic had won five). If he were healthy, he would have had the potential to win more than Jordan--but fewer than Russell.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You know, you are probably right. But my heart wants to see Dallas win (did I actually say that?? Oh, we're talking NBA :lol
San Antonio and Detroit have been there often enough as of late. A Dallas/New Jersey final would be a nice change of pace...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh, I would love to see Dallas or Phoenix in the Finals. Last year's finals had some good games, but they were slow-paced, defensive struggles. As a fan of the 1980's NBA, I remember some of the great, fast-paced gamed between the Celtics and the Lakers. Dallas and Phoenix are both exciting teams. The most enjoyable series could be New Jersey against Phoenix: Kidd vs. Nash. That would be excellent, but I just don't see it happening.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Jazz are currently one game out of the playoffs, behind th eKings. The Jazz get to play Dallas tomorrow, and San Antonio on Monday. I they get in, they sure do deserve to be there, with that schedule!

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sacramento is barely in it still.

They are up 1 game on the Jazz. We are playing Denver tonight, which we are winning 40-36. We then have NO and Seattle. Two wins now, will cushion a loss to the Sonics, which I believe will beat us.

The Jazz have Dallas, San Antonio, and Golden State... and I don't think they can pull off two wins there.

Sorry Gibbs, but it seems that Sacramento is going to barely beat out the Jazz in the West for the final spot in the playoffs... but who knows, we could lose our last 3.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I never thought I'd say this, but, GO New Orleans!!!

Sorry dude, I gotta get my Jazz back in the thick of things...

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah... They'd probably have a better chance than my Kings. ever since the Lakers incident a few years back, it's been all down-hill.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Looks like the Kings will win this one... they're up 19 at the end of the 3rd.

And also.. I noticed on the scoreboard that the Bobcats scored a whopping -1 Points in the 4th quarter ??

[Edited on 4/15/2006 by GiantsFan]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Kings won 100-82. We're a game and a half ahead... The Jazz CANNOT lose, or they will be in big doo-doo.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeah, we needed that game, and New Orleans didn't come through. Crap!

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We played Denvcer last night... not New Orlewans... We play NO tomorrow I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well, the Jazz are down 48-56 at halftime. They need to pick it up quickly, or their playoff hopes are gone.

sacramento is leading the Hornets 20-26 at the end of the first quarter.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
35-54 sacramento at the start of the 3rd quarter. 92-72 Dallas over the Jazz.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Jazz lost, meaning a win for Sacramento tonight will clinch the 8 seed. And they just beat the Hornets 79-96.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join