It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Team USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've been seeing a lot of press lately about team USA, from the hiring of Coach K, to whos' interested in playing for the team (Iverson, Shaz, Wade), and whwo may be getting invitations (Duncan, among others). Jerry Colangelo, the managing director of USA Basketball, is the man charged with putting the team together. My question is, will the US make it back to the pinnacle of international play, o rare they going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long, long time?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Kobe and LeBron have been named to the team, with the rest of the roster to be set after next month's all-star break

Story LINK

I think that LeBron will be the difference for the team this season, as the players all know that he is the future of basketball, and he is proving himself to be an all-around player, not one of those selfish, me-first guys that have been costing team USA in international play as of late.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I always thought the problem with lumping all these all-stars together is that the current style of play in basketball is one-dimensional and not much of a team game. International teams seem to have a lot better chemistry on the court. We dominated with the Dream Team in 92 but I don't think we'll ever have a batch of players like that again. Too bad Steve Nash is Canadian, we need a great point guard to run the show. The US has the talent to beat anyone, its the chemistry that I feel is killing them. I always liked the idea of sending the Pistons to the olympics, that would be much more entertaining IMHO.

join