It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Detroit Pistons, 2005-2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Even after last nigth's loss to LeBron James and the Cavaliers, the Pistons are on pace to win 73 games this season, tying the record set by the Micheal Jordan-led Bulls of the 95-96. How does this team compare to that one? Can they pull off this amazing feat? And how does Larry Brown feel right about now?

I think this team may be even better than the Bulls, and that is saying a lot. This team doesn't have arguably the best player ever, so it relies on the whole team more than the Bulls had to.

Soyes, they can win a tleast as many game sas those Bulls did, barrign majoor injuries/other wildcard problems.

As for Brown? Well, he has what he described as his dream job, and he seems to like building teams more than coasting along on established chemistry, so I bet he's feeling just fine, and proud of his former team.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Who was it that said the Pistons would implode this year because they had too many head cases and Flip Saunders was over his head?

[Ohh yeah. That was me. Guess I ought to lose about half my "Sports Intelligence" points.]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ah, we can forgive that. After all, I thought that the Viking were gonna win the Super Bowl this year...

But this Pistons team, wow! Maybe it's just that I haven't been paying as much attention, but they seem to be doing this under the radar. Very impressive, IMO.

new topics

join