It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA predictions, 2005

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What do you see in the Crystal Ball for the NBA this upcoming season? Who wins it all? Who barely misses the playoffs? Who is MVP?

These are some of my predictions. We'll see at the end of the year how far off I am.

I'll put San Antonio, Dallas, Sacremento, Denver, Seattle, Pheonix, the Lakers, and Utah in the playoffs from the West. From the East, I'd say that Miami, Detroit, Indiana, Philadelphia, New York, Washington, New Jersey, and Chicago will make it.

Utah will be sneaking in, just barely ahead of the T-Wolves, the same as Chicago sneaking in ahead of Boston.

Nothing much matters, though, as the Spurs will win it all again, and Duncan will ge the MVP.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The games have started, I've got the Sixers and Milwaukee on Comcast right now...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Pacers have gone 2-for-Florida. Watch out! Here they come....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm thinking that they may have an outide shot at representing the East in th efinals, but I think Detroit is still my favorite.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was looking at the standings just now, saw an interesting thing, the Spurs, Jazz and Clippers are currently tied for 1st in the Western conference.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I'm thinking that they may have an outide shot at representing the East in th efinals, but I think Detroit is still my favorite.

Here's my prediction: Detroit implodes before the year's over. Flip Saunders is in over his head. Rasheed Wallace will have a meltdown causing divisiveness on the team. Pacers win 60+ games and meet the Spurs in the finals. And beat 'em. (I can dream, can't I?)

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Here's my prediction: Detroit implodes before the year's over. Flip Saunders is in over his head. Rasheed Wallace will have a meltdown causing divisiveness on the team. Pacers win 60+ games and meet the Spurs in the finals. And beat 'em. (I can dream, can't I?)

It is good to have dreams, my man. And it would be nice to see yours come true!

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

I am with you i think it it will be Pacers v Spurs (bloody horrible name lol) with Artest making the difference

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's pretty cool - an NBA fan in the UK.:party-smiley-018: It's a little tough to get too geeked about the NBA right now, especially since the Colts are doing so well. But IF Artest can rein in his erratic personality, he can dominate a game with offense or defense. He's a beast.

I watched a game the other night where he was going in for a breakaway dunk. Somebody comes flying in from the wing to intentionally foul him and he didn't even flinch. It was like a flea bouncing off a rhino. Physically, Artest reminds me of George McGinnis (another hometown guy). Built like a prototypical tight end.

They got beat in the home opener by Philly the other night. Who'd have thought that by the first week of November the Pacers would have more losses than the Colts?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
5 game sinto the season, adn the Clippers are still at the top of the standings in the West. What the heck did I miss in the off-season???

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What do you see in the Crystal Ball for the NBA this upcoming season? Who wins it all? Who barely misses the playoffs? Who is MVP?

These are some of my predictions. We'll see at the end of the year how far off I am.

I'll put San Antonio, Dallas, Sacremento, Denver, Seattle, Pheonix, the Lakers, and Utah in the playoffs from the West. From the East, I'd say that Miami, Detroit, Indiana, Philadelphia, New York, Washington, New Jersey, and Chicago will make it.

Utah will be sneaking in, just barely ahead of the T-Wolves, the same as Chicago sneaking in ahead of Boston.

Nothing much matters, though, as the Spurs will win it all again, and Duncan will ge the MVP.

U missewd out the Warriors we have had a good start but actually dont see it lasting very long as with most sports teams i support i.e Derby County FC, Portsmouth FC.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yeah, they are off to a pretty good start, I really didn't get much of a chance to see what they did in the off-season.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Actually they didnt make any major signing i dont think they just added to the roster but are doing good which for me is gr8, being a Brit who like NBA thats strange isn't it?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not too surprising, it is one of the more exciting sports out there, IMHO. Why the Warriors, though?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Not too surprising, it is one of the more exciting sports out there, IMHO. Why the Warriors, though?

Cos I asked a mate at school who he thought was the best player in league he told me Chris Mullin.So Bobs your uncle i have supported for about 16 years now.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Cos I asked a mate at school who he thought was the best player in league he told me Chris Mullin.So Bobs your uncle i have supported for about 16 years now.

Bobs your uncle?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
"Bobs your Uncle" is an British expression it means "simple as that"

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ah, I have never heard that one before. I wonder Where TF that came from.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea where it came from.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
"Bobs your Uncle" is an British expression it means "simple as that"

Hey, I know that one. Isn't the correct response, "Fannies your aunt.?"

I think it's a Cockney thing. My Grandad's from Dagenham.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join