It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: you be the gm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
choose one player from the 5 groups below who you would offer a 1 year contract to if you were a gm of a new team in the nba. give reasons for each.

SHAQ,AMARE,YAO
T-MAC,KOBE,PIERCE
STROMILE,KENYON,GOODEN
CARMELO,JEFFERSON,LARRY HUGHES
KIDD,WADE,FRANCIS

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i would take

AMARE
T-MAC
STRO
CARMELO
WADE

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
SHAQ
NOWITSKI- swift and gooden suck
KOBE
CARMELO
FRANCIS
like my avatar boys

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
this is easy
shaq
t mac
amare
kobe
kidd

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Amare
McGrady
Martin
'Melo
Wade

I'm going with youth, and guys that I think would have good chemistry.

My coach? Flip, he'd be able to pull them together.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i would take
shaq
t mac
k-mart
hughes
wade

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
my coach would have to be Larry Brown or Sean "15metres" Hampstead maybe Shayne"Backchat" Hayne could be in the running. larry hughes peja 2211 wat are u thinkin

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithys1510
choose one player from the 5 groups below who you would offer a 1 year contract to if you were a gm of a new team in the nba. give reasons for each.

SHAQ,AMARE,YAO
T-MAC,KOBE,PIERCE
STROMILE,KENYON,GOODEN
CARMELO,JEFFERSON,LARRY HUGHES
KIDD,WADE,FRANCIS

I'd have to go with
Shaq
Pierce
Kenyon
Hughes
Wade

Reasons .... Shaq because he is the most dominant player in the game, Pierce because he is a very good all-around player, Kenyon Martin because he brings a lot of energy to the floor, Larry Hughes because of his speed and defense, Dwayne Wade because of his youth, athleticism and leadership abilities.

And to coach this team none other than Phil Jackson, with his triangle offense this team would be extraordinary!!

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Amare
T-Mac
K-Mart
Hughes
Wade

Youth, athleticism, excitement and Hughes should have the defence that T-Mac won`t bring...selfish (but brilliant) git that he is.

Coach: Jackson...because he could turn Jake Voskuhl into a star player or win a three-peat with Kwame Brown. Come to think about it, he might have to...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Shaq: I think it's fairly obvious why

T-Mac: I don't really want either of the three, but T-Mac would best fit how I'd want my team to play. No Kobe, because he's somewhat of a ballhog. And Paul Pierce is just not quite the caliber player I'd want

Stromile: I would take Kenyon Martin, but I like how Swift plays. He, in my opinion, is the most underrated player in the league. He can jump through the roof and score in high numbers, but he can also pass the ball around too.

Carmelo: Another one that I wouldn't take any of the three, but Carmelo would be the better pick because he has better potential and has many years to play still.

Wade: Wade is becoming the best All-Round player in the league. He can beat anyone on the floor and can hit his jump shot. He is also the best choice because he has many years left.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i would not take swift and hughes. amare should be at PF i think

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would take

shaq
t mac
amare
kobe
kidd

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Although you said i am a gm with a new team and proposed only stars (for example Charlotte wouldn't take Kobe!) here i am;
I would start witha playmaker; so Jason Kidd, who is my favourite one with a very mature game and commanding qualifications (he will soon become a coach after his retirement),
Yao Ming, because he matured his game very fast and can also shoot from the free-throw distance,
T-Mac, because he has a stable brilliant game,
Swift, the rising star,
Jefferson, because, what else, he is a New Jersey player!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Finally... someone else gives Stromile some credit. He should become a big force in the NBA in the next few years.

KJ

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First of all, Kobe and Shaq can't co-exist so one has to be eliminated. You gotta keep a good chemistry going.

Shaq - Like it or not (I don't), Shaq is the most dominating player in the game. He makes a good team great.

Paul Pierce - I love T-Mac, I love his game, but I don't know if T-Mac will ever win it all.

Stromile Swift - One of the most underrated players in the NBA, Swift provides a dark horse scorer for this team, especially alongside Shaq.

Larry Hughes - Melo lacks defense and Jefferson is not a star player.

Jason Kidd - For just one year, Kidd's hunger for the championship would probably put this team over the top. He's still the smartest point guard in the game regardless of that knee.

new topics

top topics

join